Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174937 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Hmmm, right after the mission where the Gas Miner and Cruiser collide, i get this;

Error: Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( is-event-true-delay "genarrive" 41 )
   ( fade-out )
   ( self-destruct
      "Ulresh"
      "Nu 3"
      "Nu 1"
      "Cancer 3"
      "Virgo 1"
      "Virgo 3"
   )
   ( ship-vanish
      "Krace"
      "Xi 2"
      "Xi 1"
      "Xi 4"
      "Cancer 4"
      "Cancer 2"
      "Nu 2"
      "Nu 4"
      "Virgo 2"
      "Virgo 4"
   )
   ( send-message-list
      "Ulresh"
      "High"
      "Ulresh_2"
      "Generation"
      "High"
      "Generation_3"
      "Xi 3"
      "Normal"
      "Xi_1"
      "Generation"
      "High"
      "Generation_4"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: fade-out)
File:U:\src\cvs\fs2_open.testing\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4517

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I try to load up the mission, it just imediately CTDs and leaves me with this gargantuine error message...little help?

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Do you have the latest build? if not, get it.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I'm using the build from the first page of this thread...

Offline Nuclear1

You are using the 20050722 build? I have to ask, even if it does sound stupid--even if you do have the July 22nd build, is that the one you're running? Is there a possibility that you're actually using the launcher to run an older build and not the 20050722 build?

I ask because it's happened to be on a number of occassions. I can't really think of any reason why the 20050722 build wouldn't work. Earlier builds don't work for reasons karajorma explained earlier:
The problem is that 3.6.5 is older than the fade SEXP.
[/b]
So if you're using an older build, fade-out wouldn't exist, according to it.

That's really the only thing I can think of.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You haven't accidentally picked the 20050526 build by mistake have you?

It's very easy to pick the wrong build when all that's different is the date :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 02:18:52 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I played with a few things, and now i'm using; E:\Freespace 2\fs2_open_G-20050722.exe, and now when it won't even blimmin' launch at all!

Error: weapons.tbl(3783):
Error: Required token = [$Flags:], found [-1]
in weapon: Fury MK IV.

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 531
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Do you have any custom weapons.tbl files in your data\tables folder?

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Nope, but i think my Freespace2 folder might be just hopelessly deformed...

I'd give myself a fresh install, but i'm afraid that if i uninstall it, my FS2 CDs will go funky again and the auto-run and setup just not work, like it has in the past (there was a thread about this, but i don't think it was resolved)...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I suspect I know the cause of your problem and it's probable that it can be solved without anything as drastic as a reinstall.

1) Before we go any further I suggest you back up the following files

# root_fs2.vp
# sparky_fs2.vp
# sparky_hi_fs2.vp
# stu_fs2.vp
# tango1_fs2.vp
# tango2_fs2.vp
# tango3_fs2.vp
# smarty_fs2.vp
# warble_fs2.vp

That way you can use a HotU style install to get FS2 working again if you ever lose your HD or something. When rar'd you can probably fit all those files on a single CD so it makes sense to do it. If you have some space left on the CD back up the FRED2, Freespace and FS2 exe files as well.

2) Apart from those files named above put everything else that ends in .vp and doesn't start in mv_ into a new folder.

3) Open up data and run a search in that folder for *.tbl. If you find anything put it in the same folder as the VP files you cleared away.

That should be enough to clean up your install although you may just want to rename your old data folder,  create a new Data folder and only copy across the contents of Data\Players\ to it.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Thanks, i'll try that...

*Echo* Heeeelllp Meeee!!!
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Kie99

Try installing a separate FS into a new folder.  I myself have 3 separate installs of FreeSpace, so whenever I have a bug, I switch to a separate installation and that usually solves my problem.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I've never considered multiple FS2 installs as anything more than a waste of space.

If you know what you're doing you can install multiple mods on the same install and never have a single problem.

@Jetmech. Make a new pilot, add the -allslev custom flag to the launcher and try the mission in the techroom.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Wow that was a creepy campaign, i like a good pychological horror/thriller, After the end, it makes you wonder if the whole thing happened at all. All in all a damn good story, never thought freespace could be so dark.

The music track from the last level, i could be wrong, but is it from silent hill2 where your fighting the 2 pyramid head things? or am i wrong, if it is how did you get the music out of the game? thats if i'm riteits bn a while since i played SH2
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by starbug
The music track from the last level, i could be wrong, but is it from silent hill2 where your fighting the 2 pyramid head things? or am i wrong, if it is how did you get the music out of the game? thats if i'm riteits bn a while since i played SH2

Yep, that's the one. The music credits are in the readme. As for how I got it, I bought the soundtrack.

Sorry kara, didn't work.

On the plus side, I've found the two missions it won't let me play: Soul Hysteria and Oneiraphobia.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Faith and Begora! It actually worked! Which is something quite surprising for me as nothing ever seems to go to plan regarding my Computer (for example, it literally wouldn't accept a stick of RAM for absolutely no reason that I or anyone else I know could figure out! I ended up having to swap with someone else to get a stick that my computer would accept). Thanks for the help Kara, my FS2 folder is still a little dirty, but it's running great....and i can FINALLY get onto finishing Transcend :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:34:03 pm by 2686 »

Originally posted by Mefustae
....and i can FINALLY get onto finishing Trancend :D

...damn you :(.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
Sorry kara, didn't work.

On the plus side, I've found the two missions it won't let me play: Soul Hysteria and Oneiraphobia.

Well, that's odd. I can't think of any reason why those missions in particular wouldn't work...

Have you got any files in the main FS2 data folder? If you've got the media VPs, maybe you should move all of the loose files in there to somewhere out of FS2's reach and see if that works.

The only files I have in the main FS2 folder, apart from those from the FS2 Install, are:

mv_core
mv_textures
mv_models
mv_effects
mv_adveffects
mv_music

fs2open_G-20050722
fs2open_G-20050728

In the data folder, I have the files for the Hi-poly mjolnir and Erinyes. I tried deleting them, but it still didn't work.

FUKOOOOV!