Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174933 times)

Offline Fenrir

• ?
It could have to do with mv_music. It's been buggy as long as I can remember. Remove it and see if that has to do with anything.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Something REALLY funky happened to the Orion you see when you exit the Nebula Node, like, there's a gigantic Triangle-like Glitch almost as big as the Orion itself jutting out of its starboard-bow, this dang thing is HUGE! Just wondering if its me...?

Edit; Got a screenie to show off the Funky Orion...it's funkiness is quite shocking, no?

*Names and such Blanked Out to protect Storyline...

Edit2; It seems that this funky glitch happens wheneven I run with version fs2_open_G-20050722.exe, even in the Tech room the big funky triangle appears...little help...?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 12:28:29 am by 2686 »

Originally posted by Fenrir
It could have to do with mv_music. It's been buggy as long as I can remember. Remove it and see if that has to do with anything.

You=:yes:

I love ya, man. :D
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Spoiler:
Hot damn, that is one fantastic ending. I like how the Transcendant is basically one of the crew from Sync (reliving his last moments. Journeying to beyond known space and transcending :lol:. I should have figured the moment I understood the sound clips). You are definately one of the best FREDders/Story writers here.

I look forward so very much to all following releases.

FUKOOOOV!

I've completed this Campaign... it's great!

One of the best Campaigns i ever played.

I play it on "Normal" Difficulty and must say, that a few Missions are very hard for me, i must restart few Missions more than 10 Times... and the Solution was easy sometimes.. all Energy transfered to the Engine and use of Afterburner to escape the Weapon Range of all the bigger Ships behind you... i other Missions you don't need to fire one shot, you need only fly to the Node and Jump out.

But in the last Part, the "To the Node" and "Destroy Wings to allowed to jump out" Missions was boring, there are all the same :(

Overall, this is a very good Campaign, with interessting SEXPs, like the Flashs and the Slowmo and the End.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.

You=:yes:

I love ya, man. :D

As soon as you posted that you were having some missions work but others fail I started thinking mv_music :)

I should have posted that one earlier but every time I ask someone to test it they say that it works fine and it looks like my PC is the only one getting that crash.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Mefustae
Something REALLY funky happened to the Orion you see when you exit the Nebula Node, like, there's a gigantic Triangle-like Glitch almost as big as the Orion itself jutting out of its starboard-bow, this dang thing is HUGE! Just wondering if its me...?

Edit; Got a screenie to show off the Funky Orion...it's funkiness is quite shocking, no?

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3157/error9bn.jpg

*Names and such Blanked Out to protect Storyline...

Edit2; It seems that this funky glitch happens wheneven I run with version fs2_open_G-20050722.exe, even in the Tech room the big funky triangle appears...little help...?

This happened to someone when the High Poly Orion was first released.  Do a search for the thread, I tihnk there was a solution in that,.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Spoiler:
Wow...that's all i can say, Wow. Unbelievable campaign with plenty of entertaining tie-ins to Sync. Might i ask; is the Nebula you start in when you begin Sync the very same Nebula the Chrondral leads you to?

@Kie; I've had a look in about three seperate threads for any mention of said glitch, but to no avail...might i ask for some assistance in locating this particular fix...?

Now that I've finished Sync, I really have to ask what these 'tie-ins' are.  It's thematically linked, and there are alot of nebulas and short missions, but I don't see how it's supposed to be a linked in a direct, in-universe way.  Apart from you-know-who, of course, and it's role is pretty much zero in Sync.

Spoiler:
Sync creates a separate history due to the interference of the Persistence and the Sync device, so how could the characters or ships be transferred to the post-Capella era?

Or is the Pegasus supposed to be both the 'Transcendent' and the force controlling the events of Sync?

All over, Transcend is a fun campaign, and a distinct improvement over Sync.  I'm looking forward to the next campaign.

Spoiler:

I think the Transcendant IS one of the crew from Sync. Thats how it seems to tie in. Not to mention, the Transcendant is present in the Sync Campaign (remember the Ship zooming off in subspace in one of Sync's earlier missions?

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Kie99

@Kie; I've had a look in about three seperate threads for any mention of said glitch, but to no avail...might i ask for some assistance in locating this particular fix...?

It was mentioned on this thread.  Don't know if it was ever fixed though.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 10:21:41 am by 1934 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Try simply going into the Transcend\Data\cache folder and deleting the  ibx for the Orion (I think it's capital02 or something. Just delete all the ones with the world capital in them. The game will regenerate them anyway).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fractux

@ Kie: I experienced the same problem using OGL. the only way to get rid of it is to use the -novbo option for now.

See http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34211..0.html
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I played the first four missions. I am now in the mission where you have to play custom patrol, scanning cargo.

As far as I have got, I am not impressed. I have no doubt the story will be interesting and the dialogue will be top-notch, but you did not test the missions so well. Examples in spoiler.

Spoiler:
Mission 1: You made it way too long. I had a Derelict feeling after flying the exact  same mission for 17 minutes and I still have a good chance of losing the mission. The battle area is too large for a Hercules II, it was a pain in the back to play that mission, my weapons are all useless but the Harpoons, the first wave of Lokis almost killed me because my wingmen were 7,000 metres away. I had to keep firing with my Subachs and Prom Rs and Hornets. Would it have been any difficult to give the player some better weaponry and a more useful craft?
Mission 2: First, the Faustus jumped out and I was ordered to depart. Then my machine crashed. It has nothing to do with your campaign but has importance. The next time I ran the mission I knew it will end in two minutes, so I was curious about something: I could easily destroy the Faustus and nothing happened! The pilot and the 'dead vessel' continoued their chat. I also tried to destroy any of my wingmen, but you were clever enough to make them invulnerable.
Mission 3: I have only completed this mission once, I did not try to break it anyhow.
Mission 4: What I have already seen from Sync and the first missions in this campaign, I was absolutely sure that nothing would happen if I destroy any of the cargo before or after scanning. I was right. The Triton came in, I destroyed its cargo, the Triton stopped and nothing else happened after that.

I am sure bugs like these are present in every mission, so I won't tire you with those. You definitely need some testing lessons. From what I have seen in the first four missions, this is work is rushed.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Originally posted by karajorma

As soon as you posted that you were having some missions work but others fail I started thinking mv_music :)

I should have posted that one earlier but every time I ask someone to test it they say that it works fine and it looks like my PC is the only one getting that crash.

Finally the mv_music crashed Fs 2. I don't know how and why the last time i try it, Fs 2 worked. But now, Fs 2 crashes in all case.

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by TopAce
I played the first four missions. I am now in the mission where you have to play custom patrol, scanning cargo.

As far as I have got, I am not impressed. I have no doubt the story will be interesting and the dialogue will be top-notch, but you did not test the missions so well. Examples in spoiler.

Spoiler:
Mission 1: You made it way too long. I had a Derelict feeling after flying the exact  same mission for 17 minutes and I still have a good chance of losing the mission. The battle area is too large for a Hercules II, it was a pain in the back to play that mission, my weapons are all useless but the Harpoons, the first wave of Lokis almost killed me because my wingmen were 7,000 metres away. I had to keep firing with my Subachs and Prom Rs and Hornets. Would it have been any difficult to give the player some better weaponry and a more useful craft?
Mission 2: First, the Faustus jumped out and I was ordered to depart. Then my machine crashed. It has nothing to do with your campaign but has importance. The next time I ran the mission I knew it will end in two minutes, so I was curious about something: I could easily destroy the Faustus and nothing happened! The pilot and the 'dead vessel' continoued their chat. I also tried to destroy any of my wingmen, but you were clever enough to make them invulnerable.
Mission 3: I have only completed this mission once, I did not try to break it anyhow.
Mission 4: What I have already seen from Sync and the first missions in this campaign, I was absolutely sure that nothing would happen if I destroy any of the cargo before or after scanning. I was right. The Triton came in, I destroyed its cargo, the Triton stopped and nothing else happened after that.

I am sure bugs like these are present in every mission, so I won't tire you with those. You definitely need some testing lessons. From what I have seen in the first four missions, this is work is rushed. [/B]

Spoiler:

Other than the first one you're just trying to find bugs that noone would ever find in normal play.  Why would anyone try and shoot down the Silent Eye or destroy the cargo, when both are marked as friendly?

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by TopAce
I am sure bugs like these are present in every mission, so I won't tire you with those. You definitely need some testing lessons. From what I have seen in the first four missions, this is work is rushed.

Sorry, then. I guess I'm not good at planning for things the player obviously isn't meant to do. I'll keep that in mind for my next campaign.

Oh, BTW, what is that for a Music in the Ending Video? I like it ;)

| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Deepstar
Oh, BTW, what is that for a Music in the Ending Video? I like it ;)

Spoiler:
It's one of the battle tracks from Haegemonia in reverse.

Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn

Spoiler:
It's one of the battle tracks from Haegemonia in reverse.
[/B]

Ah, thx, i thought this already.