Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 174934 times)

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by PhReAk
Oh and the first mission or so persuing the chorandal, theres an "jump node 0"

Fixed, patch updated.

Originally posted by Blaise Russel
This campaign made my head a splode, unfortunately. :(

Any specific part that caused the head asplosion?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Crap, I hoped that ST:R would be the first campaign since Derelict to use Creepy Mission Syndrome™. :(

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Uhm, so far it's great, but it crashes for me after the Faustus jumps out in the second mission. No error or anything, just straight to the desktop. You put something about a replacement table for people who haven't got a certain media vp or something. Could you list exactly what is required to run this properly?
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Goober5000
Crap, I hoped that ST:R would be the first campaign since Derelict to use Creepy Mission Syndrome™. :(

ST:R won't be the last campaign either... :nervous:

*runs off to finish Rogue*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

New Campaign, new Campaign :)

I don't see this Thread before, i will play this campaign after i download it.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by pyro-manic
Uhm, so far it's great, but it crashes for me after the Faustus jumps out in the second mission. No error or anything, just straight to the desktop. You put something about a replacement table for people who haven't got a certain media vp or something. Could you list exactly what is required to run this properly?

[indignant]That's not a Faustus, you good-for-nothing! it's a Plato![/indignant] :p

anyway, i think i'll answer for ransom about this.

there's nothing wrong with the Plato, that's just your computer hating FSO. if i can play it with goob's fs2_open_r build, it's your comp.

on a side note: This campaign rocks! feels a lot like Sync, but hey, who's complaining? :D EES CWEEPY!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury

The replacement table is only needed for people who don't have the high-poly Leviathan. Apart from that I'm pretty sure you shouldn't even need the media VPs for it to work. But that crash sounds more like a software bug than something in the campaign, as far as I remember nothing happens when that ship warps out that would cause that... What FSO build are you running? Do you have the media VPs?

But a list, let's see...
  • FS2
  • Recent SCP build
  • Uh... a computer?
And well, the XviD codec, but I don't expect that's the cause of your problem... While I was testing it, I just had a clean install of FS2/FSO with the media VPs and whatever the newest build was at the time. So if you've got the media VPs and a recent build, I've no idea what's going on.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline Nuclear1

Haven't had it, even on my low-end, forced-FSO comp.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh yeah, forgot to mention, i get some minor hanging without using OGL, and when i do use ogl, i ctd with no errors.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kie99

Have you tried restarting your machine? Sometimes that helps when I get bugs.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Nuclear1

*sighs*

Could one of the moderators please delete Cobra's post? There's really no room for spam in here. :rolleyes:

As for the bug, I would suggest restarting as well. Believe it or not, it tends to work once in a while. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Done.

@Cobra you've been warned previously about posts that consist of nothing more than a smiley.

As for the campaign I'm enjoying it immensely. I think I'm definately going to have to go back and play Sync once I've got through this one.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Falcon

I liked this campaign :yes:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
This was the one making use of my Kelpie, right? How was it? :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
it was awesome, raa/snipes/taristin/taro.  you need to play it.  *twitch*
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn

The replacement table is only needed for people who don't have the high-poly Leviathan. Apart from that I'm pretty sure you shouldn't even need the media VPs for it to work. But that crash sounds more like a software bug than something in the campaign, as far as I remember nothing happens when that ship warps out that would cause that... What FSO build are you running? Do you have the media VPs?

But a list, let's see...
  • FS2
  • Recent SCP build
  • Uh... a computer?
And well, the XviD codec, but I don't expect that's the cause of your problem... While I was testing it, I just had a clean install of FS2/FSO with the media VPs and whatever the newest build was at the time. So if you've got the media VPs and a recent build, I've no idea what's going on.

Has anyone else had this problem? [/B]

It seems to be working fine now. I installed a couple of media vps, and that seems to have fixed it. I've just encountered the Kelpies, so I've progressed significantly since the crash, with no further problems. Hope that's fixed it. :)

It's bloody difficult, though. I keep having to run away or I get shredded....:nervous:

And I think I'm going to kill someone the next time I'm forced to use a f*cking Prometheus R! :hopping:  Give me all Subachs instead, I implore you...
Any fool can pull a trigger...

The OpenGL graphics look really crappy anyway, it has giant white squares whenever something explodes or jumps in or out.
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline Nuclear1

Pyro I think just said what all of us have thought at one point or another. ;)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
played through on medium, very good capaign, good use of SCP.

And I think I'm going to kill someone the next time I'm forced to use a f*cking Prometheus R! :hopping:  Give me all Subachs instead, I implore you...

Wores yet are those godamn useless hornets..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 10:31:24 pm by 2073 »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Prometheus R? :wtf: I never thought to look...guess that explains why it was worthless.

Hornets, however, are good for picking off turrets on big ships. Better than the interceptor-wannabes, at least.

Still, I liked that you didn't have uber-weapons-of-DOOM! I mean, it makes sense.
-C