Author Topic: RERELEASE: FS2 Demo Campaign  (Read 11728 times)

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Re: RERELEASE: FS2 Demo Campaign
Ah, cool..  :nod:

VP`s are your friend.  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Given that the FS2 demo was the first Freespace I ever played, yes, this is worth a lot sentimentally.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Not to complain, Goober, but the demo missions were already available as included in the "X Missions" released in the FS2 Sci-Fi Game of the Year Edition.  You didn't have to go to the trouble of ripping them straight from the demo.  :p
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well I don't have the GOTY edition, and neither do a bunch of other people, so this is useful for them. :p

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And besides, the X-mission versions don't have all of the voiceacting included with them. :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

Now modified to include Admiral Nelson's backgrounds using Lightspeed's Nebulae. :nod:

Offline Axem

Copy cat. :p

Oh wait... :nervous:

Cool, thanks.

:bump:
It has been mentioned in a brainstorming thread that it would be usefull to release a standalone SCP version of the FS2 demo. I remembered playing Goober's rendition of the FS2 demo a long time back, and here it is! However, the link is no longer working. How much chance do we have of reviving a 12 year old Goobwork?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
As long as I'm on HLP, I'll provide support for my mods. :)

The fs2demo.zip was mirrored to FreeSpace Files, but on further investigation it's been overwritten by something Lorric made. :confused:  I'll contact Hunter to get that fixed.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:01:06 pm by Goober5000 »