Author Topic: $Closeup - Ships tbl Question  (Read 1250 times)

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
$Closeup - Ships tbl Question
I've got a bit of trouble with $Closeup_Zoom and $Closeup_pos from the ships.tbl.

Basically even though I'm well more than acquainted with working with XYZ space,
I can't really get a predictable result even though I've tried reverse engineering it so to speak about
30 times.

Essentially, the default is:

Code: [Select]
$Closeup_pos:           0.0, 0.0, -22
$Closeup_zoom:          0.5

Wiki says:
Code: [Select]
$Closeup_Pos:

* How the model will show at techroom. The position of the camera relative to the model in the tech room and the target box view
    * Syntax: Vector, three floats, x, y and z values respectively

$Closeup_Zoom:

* How the model will show at techroom. How far the camera's zoomed in, defines camera's FOV.
    * Syntax: Float, radians

So I'm assuming my issue is probably related to Zoom, considering the camera ends up everywhere but where
I want it. Which would be say $Closeup_pos:   0.0, -35.0, 0.0 (or 35 meters behind the object, same level, centered).
Basically "flat" and looking at the center of the object.

I looked up radians a bit, but still don't quite grasp where the camera should be ending up.

.5 radians should end up 28.64789 degrees... but we don't specify which axis this is relevant to?

Edit

After some additional testing with Angelus and DarthGeek, I'm thinking the direction the camera faces
is locked - no matter what physical location you have it in. It's not set on the centerpoint of the ship, like you'd
expect. The controls also appear to be XZY and not XYZ as listed in the wiki.

Anyone from SCP care to comment?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:12:32 pm by JGZinv »
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod