Author Topic: WIP, GTF Machai  (Read 2005 times)

In Greek mythology, the Makhai or Machai were the daemons (spirits) of battle and combat...

And I hope this design reflects well on them

I found an old model in my collection of model dumps and liked the basic design. It resembles the GTF Erinyes in shape and is my inspiration for this one.

I deleted the four engine pods and created my own replacements. Twin Fusion reactors for the engines, one for the six guns. Cockpit seats one pilot. I was also thinking of a two seater for long missions and Recon version too.

https://p3d.in/rOT7m (updated slightly)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:57:32 pm by Jadehawk »
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Looks related to the Erinyes.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yes, it was an inspiration to do this one.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It also bears some resemblance to a stretched Herc Mk.1.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Looks like a very brute-force, blocky fighter (if that makes any sense). Looks cool. Might easily be fluffed as an Erinyes derivative.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Lepanto, Thanks! and I actually envisioned this as something a competitor for the same fighter contract the folks who did the GTF Erinyes and lost the competition. Knowing their design was better, but not developed enough, they continued on after the GTVA Brass asked them too and this is the end result.