Author Topic: No Radar icons  (Read 1301 times)

Hi everyone.

I am quite new to FS2 open and I just installed FS2 open via the FreeSpace Open Installer 2.2.1. Everything seams to run quite fine exept one detail: I have no radar icons! Radar is shown proberly, but there are no dots/icons/whatever. No matter if I use the original or the 3D rader - no icons.

I tested the 3_7_5_SSE2_apng, _7_4_RC1 and 3_7_0 version. I use the launcher.exe to start the game and have selected mediavps3612 mod. Also tested with the 2014 version (hud way to small), but same issue.

Any ideas??  :confused: :confused:

Offline Yarn

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

oh yeah.. sorry. Attached to this post. I used the 3_7_4 DEBUG exe (no debug for 3_7_5).  BUT: When starting the mission the game crashes. So I dont know if the radar looks the same with this debug exe (it does with 3_7_4 non debug, as postet above)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Yarn

FSO 3.7.4 RC1 is outdated. Try using the newer 3.7.4 RC2: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91978.0

If that doesn't solve the problem, post another debug log.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

Okay used the RC2. Same behaviour. No radar icons in game, debug exe crashes at mission start -> log attached

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Yarn

It looks like your game is trying to use an invalid value for the radar range. To fix this, go to the in-game options menu, then HUD Config, then click Reset. Just in case it matters, be sure to click Accept rather than pressing the Escape key.

If that doesn't work, post another log.
--strings.tbl, entry 177

--strings.tbl, entry 178

That acutally worked! Thanks a lot! Really strange behaviour...