Author Topic: Viper Tube Launch (Player + AI)  (Read 2529 times)

Viper Tube Launch (Player + AI)
Hi there,

I just started to play this game and beginning to like it a lot that I am starting to make my own missions!

The only problem I still can't fix is the tube launch of a viper out of a battlestar (same for the cylons). The help-site tells me that this isn't working yet, and you better let them jump in battle.

I was wondering if the problem has been fixed already and if so, how and could you plz place an example in this topic? It would really help! :)

Manny thx!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Viper Tube Launch (Player + AI)
If you've played the game, you'll know that tube launches obviously work. The problem is that they are very complicated and so it wasn't a good idea to write how to make them work in the beginners tutorial as we'd no doubt confuse the hell out of people.

You can find instructions on how to do a tube launch here. We have an improved method which is currently being tested by the team. It should appear in R1.5.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
something fredded or a more script-like solution?
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Scripted.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
sounds good :)
do you think it will be easily useable by other mods too? using different ships and all those problems
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Really,  scripted?
Curious  and interesting.

Player-use-ai and etc locking sexps, plus a simple way point, and object acceleration won't work?

Bh

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's how we did it previously. It works but it's a complete PITA to set up for every single mission. Especially as it's very easy to miss one SEXP and have it crap up in some way. Having a script do it all for you is much easier.

sounds good :)
do you think it will be easily useable by other mods too? using different ships and all those problems

You'd have to talk to m|m about that.