Author Topic: Resolution / MediaVP issues  (Read 1584 times)

Resolution / MediaVP issues
Hi All,

For some reason, when I load the FreeSpace Open game from any launcher, my graphics options (resolution, texture settings etc) aren't loading with the game. The game still loads in a much smaller / lower resolution than the one I am trying to play.

Can anyone suggest any fixes for this?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Resolution / MediaVP issues
You might need to run your launcher as administrator to change the resolution.  You could also try setting the -res command line parameter in the launcher. e.g.

Code: [Select]
-res 1920x1080
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Thank you, I'll give these a try.

We'll get there in the end! :)

Update:

The wxLauncher doesn't function - I can't change the graphics settings or resolution on that as they don't stick, but the launcher that looks like a cat's paw works brilliantly. All graphics have stuck.

Offline Yarn

Try enabling Advanced Options -> Troubleshoot -> Use a different registry path. If that doesn't work, try running wxLauncher as an administrator, both with and without the aforementioned option.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178