Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844388 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I always liked the Yama, or at least what little I ever got to see of it. Is there a pic anywhere that shows off all of the original Yama clearly?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
*stumbles into thread during quick break*
*begins a 5-second thought process on whether or not 72 entries is enough*
*Brain starts nagging: "Stop thinking epic, stop aiming so high! In the first place, little has been done, time is so scarce, and FRED/tabling skill isn't of credible standard anyway, just aim lower with a more reasonable/reachable goal!!!"*
*Internal argument in brain takes place about the different fleets in Inferno, both active and dropped*
*?Contemplating splitting of mods to make an idea work?*
*But a mod split is so messy, and folders couldn't get anymore messy! Is there something else? How, how, how?*
*end result: no end result*

Back to lurk-mode for now... that said:

Will you guys be updating anything that's already been dropped and making it public release (maybe on the back burner for now, since releasing the mod comes first)?
Or will they just be released as-is (I don't remember anything that's been dropped seriously made into HTL form; updated textures was probably the most that's done, but hey, at least that's better than nothing)?

Or something else? Just curious... :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah we plan to release other stuff we aren't using any more in the future. Though we don't have any scrapped textures unless they are part of a ship, and we don't have much HTL standard dumped stuff since we're still using it all. There's only 2 I can think of and they both need stuff I can't release just yet but they will be released eventually.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

Show of votes - - who here wants to see this HTLed?

R

Offline starlord

scroll prehaps?

If it delays the release, I vote no, But if it doesn't, why not. :)
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I suppose as the fighter you're introduced to in INFR1, it would be nice to see it again.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

R

Me, but please change the paintjob to something more Terran. I've had a few friendly-fire incidents involving these ships before.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Um, its not a design that can easily be mistaken for something else.  :wtf:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/images/Gtfvesuvius.jpg

:yes:

I've always liked the Vesuvius design - it was unique, and really well done back before there were all that many high quality FS2 mods. Plus the paintjob was cool, and I think that converting the red gradient cockpit to a more typical Terran visible cockpit should cut down on friendly fire. And, from an INF PoV, it was the first fighter from the first mission of InfR1. Even if it only comes back as an easter egg,it should come back.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
One of the things I liked, and still like, about the Vesuvius is that it is incredibly versatile, like the Apollo or Athena. There is no other ship available to the player during the INFR1 campaign that is as versatile as it is.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I really dislike the locations of the primaries on the Vesuvius.  It isn't as bad as the Ursa, but it is enough to make targeting annoying.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

R

Not me. The Vesuvius is ugly, it has always been ugly, and no amount of effort can eliminate its essential ugliness. :P

In its place, how about the Ophion? There was a model that not only looked unique, but looked good.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline CaptJosh

See, I can't agree that it's bad that the ship is ugly. Look at the current generation of strike craft in the US military. In particular the A-10 Thunderbolt. Yes, "Thunderbolt" is its actual designation. But it's not a pretty plane. It's so ugly it got nicknamed the Warthog. But it's one of the meanest things in the sky, especially in air to mud action. It can carry a heavy payload under its wings, and when that's gone, it still has the heaviest rotary cannon ever built into a fixed wing aircraft. That cannon can actually counterthrust the engines at low speeds, which could drop the plane out of the air if the pilot is not careful. It's why they use short bursts, rather than sustained fire. Nobody ever said it was pretty though. It's just big and mean. And there's nothing wrong with that. Why shouldn't we have a big, mean, ugly-ass fighter for the GTVA?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Please, have a mercy.

Since I remember Vesuvius always have been ugly and still is one of the ugliest ships for FreeSpace 2 that I have ever seen. I just wish it's out forever and repleaced by something cooler. There is plenty of better ships that are already released to public.
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Oh hell yes to wanting to see the Vesuvius HTLED. One of my old school favorites right there! DO EET! :D
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Please, have a mercy.

Since I remember Vesuvius always have been ugly and still is one of the ugliest ships for FreeSpace 2 that I have ever seen. I just wish it's out forever and repleaced by something cooler. There is plenty of better ships that are already released to public.
The Vesuvius is gorgeous compared to the Sabus...

And the Cyone.

The Vesuvius at least has a chance to look really good. Not these other two.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
what you on about the Sabus looks good, the cyone on the other hand does look like a dogs backside
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll

R

Oh yes please, for me that thing is the iconic Inferno fighter and in dire need of some modeling love.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea