Author Topic: Prologue for Mac OS X Released!  (Read 24362 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Prologue for Mac OS X Released!
There it is: Mac OS X version of the Wing Commander Saga Prologue is available for download! If you experience any problems, please notify us immediately.

It should be noted that we have moved our resources to a new high speed server. Our domain will be transfered to our new host shortly. Normally it will take up to 24 hours for the change to come into effect. Most registrars update the root DNS servers once per day.

After the root servers are updated it may take another 24 to 48 hours for the change to propagate across the rest of the Internet. During this period traffic for wcsaga domain may or may not reach our server.

At any rate, I hope all of you enjoy Prologue as much as I do, and I hope all of you stick around for "The Darkest Dawn". It's going to be a wild ride.

Download (Mac OS X Installer, 275 MB)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:37:58 am by Tolwyn »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Re: Prologue for Mac OS X Released!
I'm having problems with the Prologue on MAC OS X. Where do I post the problems?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
here :D

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline tracker

this release also work for linux?

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
AFAIK no, but a linux build is on it's way :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline tracker

Yes ! cool thank you

The game won't start up until after i shut down my computer, i can't figure out why
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I'm just very behind on all of this, so the Linux installer won't be available until later this weekend. :)

The game won't start up until after i shut down my computer, i can't figure out why
Everytime, or just after you install?  What are your system specs?

The game will not recognize my Logitech RumblePad 2 at all. I can't bind any of the controls to the buttons, D-pad, or analog joysticks. System Profiler does show the controller as active within the OS.

Steering with the trackpad is nearly impossible, and if I use my Wacom mouse or pen the ship movement is delayed by about two to three seconds. Actually it's not delayed, but the ship will loop in the opposite direction that I am trying to steer. This looping motion takes about two to three seconds to complete and gets very dizzying if I am moving around scanning for targets.

Any help with the input devices would be greatly appreciated.
Aluminum PowerBook 12" ••• 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4 ••• 1.25 GB RAM
GeForce FX Go5200 ••• 64MB dedicated VRAM ••• Tiger 10.4.~

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Have you tried using the Force 0 or Force 1 options for the launcher's joystick tab?

EDIT : *Slaps face* MacOS X thread. Not Windows :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 09:24:53 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

when the linux version will be rlease?
linux gamer

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
when the linux version will be rlease?

I'm just very behind on all of this, so the Linux installer won't be available until later this weekend. :)
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

ok thx sorry for my post :)
linux gamer

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Who wrote this Installer? And how? I'm interested.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
do you really want to know that? :)

It was taylor.

-WC Saga's beta tester

what appened to linux version? o_O
linux gamer

Offline Halon

I just discovered the site and downloaded the game. Looks great. Two questions.

In the installation notes it mentions how to modify the resolution:

The default resolution and color depth is 1024x768 at 16 bpp.  By editing ${HOME}/Library/WCS Prologue/fs2_open.ini you can increase this to any resolution above 1024x768, and increase the color depth to 32 bpp.

I have done a spoltlight search and cannot find the .ini file show above. Can you be more specific about where to find it?

Second question I have a Logitech Freedom 2.4 joystick that I would like to use. I have read about binding keys to the joystick but have not found any explaination about how you do that. Any help would be appreciated.

I owned the original Wing Commander and when I saw this site I looking forward to getting bck into the game.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Halon

Mac Pro
2.66 Ghz

Offline angusf

I think I have every release of Wing Commander for Dos, and Privateer, and perhaps I was one of the few who loved Privateer 2. I even have the limited edition Wing Commander III in a Movie Can with orchestral scores CD-ROM. I laughed at the Dralthi graffiti in the depths of the Ultima Underworld abyss. Origin Worlds were for a long time the driving force behind my PC graphics card requests becoming more and more outrageous at work.

But Ive always been a Mac addict, so I also have all the original Mac OS (before X)  I have often wanted to run Wing Commander on Mac OS X and the Prologue that came with March 07 Macworld (UK Edition) is a fine thing indeed. Thank you everybody involved for working on this . I just couldnt land the thing on the ship at the end.

Nice job. I cant wait for the release.

Angus
Callsign Fred, since 1990

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
But Ive always been a Mac addict, so I also have all the original Mac OS (before X)  I have often wanted to run Wing Commander on Mac OS X and the Prologue that came with March 07 Macworld (UK Edition) is a fine thing indeed. Thank you everybody involved for working on this . I just couldnt land the thing on the ship at the end.

Wait a sec, is the game shipped with the magazine? :)

Edit: nevermind, it is indeed :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:14:41 am by Tolwyn »

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Wait a sec, is the game shipped with the magazine? :)

Edit: nevermind, it is indeed :)

:lol:

They didn't even bother to ask first?