Author Topic: Additional Saga Models  (Read 3423 times)

Additional Saga Models
I'm slowly working my way over the requests for some of my other models, making them match up with Saga's stuff (usually textures and more canon-based).  Just to let you know I'm not working as fast as I used to be, but I'll try to get the canon model requests done.  BTW this is more or less for the capship textures/size/weapons etc.  I didn't textures the confed fighters for Saga so matching those takes a lot more effort.  Also this list is for only the models I've released so far (the release thread, not the upcoming models (those which eventually will be released and put in the release thread, hopefully)  Also the ship table should be extracted and modified to suit your needs (hitpoints,speed...etc) Oh and unless noted no additional files are required beyond simply the game

Heres the list:
Clysdale: http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Release/Saga/tcs_clysdale-04-15-12.7z   (retextured, resized and removed the front stormfire turret)
Gilgamesh:  http://scoobydoo.freespacemods.net/Release/Saga/tcs_gilgamesh-05-20-12.7z    (retextures, removed stormfire turrets, removed one missile turret [left one intact], bridge section was taken from the Athena)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:17:56 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Re: Additional Saga Models
This is so great!
I'm sure there are several mods just waiting for that (including mine).
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It looks great. What about giving Gilgamesh a similar treatment? Reduce it's AA armament a bit, add 2 AM cannons and do something with CapShip missile launchers. Also, I guess that a civilian version of the Prowler-class could come in handy.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I tried the clydesdale, looks good.
Issues I noticed until now:
- Engine glow is too far away from the engines (a few meters)
- Name is Clysdale instead of Clydesdale (or is this intended?)

btw: I have the same problem with the engine glow on the Bloodfang that is included in Saga, can anybody tell me how to fix it? Is that possible via tables?
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's a very simple fix, just correct it in PCS2.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Ok, thanks.
I guess I have to install PCS2 then and look how it works :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Make sure you use latest build and do not forget to purge the BSP cache.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Could you please convert the Olympia and the Nimitz.
May the Force be with you

Gilgamesh has been added. 

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Yeah!

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Ok, I noticed a few things that might be errors:

- no comm subsystem
- no weapons subsystem
- has the radar color of a fighter instead of a capship

Otherwise a really nice ship :)

Ok, I noticed a few things that might be errors:

- no comm subsystem
- no weapons subsystem
Fixing, I'm sure quite a few of my other ships have this issue.
Actually the weapons subsystem is there, but it replaced the landing bay one which is missing.  More concerningly (is that even a word) is lack of hanger bay force field, not only the saga version but the original too.  I'll have to rebuild the pofs for that.

- has the radar color of a fighter instead of a capship

Otherwise a really nice ship :)
This is a table entry, right now the tables are merely placeholders.

Edit: Actually I kinda goofed with all the models.  Subsystem "RadarPost" and "dish" should be named "Communications" and "sensors".  I'm going to have to go back sometime and fix them.  Luckily I only need to edit the pof file.

double edit: Hmmm I probably should create a mesh for navigation and weapons
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:43:00 pm by Scooby_Doo »

For the time being, both versions of the gilgamesh have been updated.