Author Topic: Persistent pilots  (Read 2084 times)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Hello, after a while, playing various mods my pilots list grown rather big... and i decided to clean it up.
I deleted all non-essential pilots inside the game, everything nice and clean.

But when i run the game again, all those pilots i just deleted are back up! I can't get rid of them.....

Any ideas? Should i post fs2open log?
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
FSO is probably reconverting your pre 3.7.0 pilots.  Try renaming your old pilots directory, e.g. data/players/single/inferno/ to data/players/single/inferno-disabled/.  Then remove all the old pilots from within FSO and they shouldn't come back.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
should i rename the folder back to its oryginal name after thats done?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
No :)  FSO will attempt to convert pilots every time it runs, so if you rename it back it'll happily convert all your pilots again.  You could also manually delete the pilots from that directory, or run 3.6.18 and delete the pilots that way.  I just thought that renaming it would leave all the old pilots hanging around, just in case.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Alright, thanks for help!