Poll

Are you a man or a woman?

A man
A woman
A man pretending to be a woman
really a woman
None of the above
Woman pretentending to be a man

Author Topic: Are you a man or a woman?  (Read 10818 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Re: Are you a man or a woman?
*awaits Janos's response*

ANY HOT CHICKS IN HERE PLZ EMAIL K

*insert move on General Battuta, Janos-style*
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Great, Match.com takes over HLP  :lol:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Actually, I think Battuta is the only female now. Tiara left long ago, WF went to sectorgame with aldo, icespeed is too busy to drop by, Ferret hasn't been around in forever, I don't recall Steak's wife ever posting here, and there's one more I'm forgetting but she doesn't post anymore either. :blah:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Ì AM A A GODDAMN SHEEP
lol wtf

Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep.   :D
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Male...

I wouldn't expect many "female" votes... girls would rather play with their dolls or chat endlessly with their friends on the phone about boys, depending on their age.  Fighting with scary Shivans would be too much for them to handle.

There.  If anything will drag them out of the woodwork, that will.  They hate being stereotyped.  ;7   BTW, if I never post again, you can surmise that one of them got a little too offended at my post!  :lol:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
*awaits Janos's response*
Quote from: Janos' title
A *really* weird guy
Another case solved, my dear Goob. *Dusts hands*

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I know several chicks that like sci-fi and watch a lot of stargate and bsg, and some star trek. As far as them playing games that are sci-fi that's a different thing. The many chicks that like sci-fi and that did play games usually liked fps's like unreal and unreal tournament, and some liked playing all of the quake games, many chicks love halflife and halflife2. As far as playing flight games, it's not so much, some chicks do play racing sims though. The games that i noticed my ex liked was stuff like zoo tycoon. A basic game where you could setup you're own zoo, and i can see how stuff like that is fun as guys do something similar with warcraft and star craft. After that i noticed my ex got interested in playing star trek elite force 2, she didn't know the controls really since that would be the first time she played an fps. And since the dawn WoW, holy ****, you've got people of many different imaginable and unimaginable types playing that game, especially notably chicks. After that i started noticing more and more chicks have been playing mmorpg's for years before WoW. It's all cool, i just wish more chicks would play games besides the obvious male gaming audience. Good part on nintendo since they do their hardest to market to everyone all ages and sex. I see plenty of chicks playing with pink colored and normal colored ds's. As far as chicks playing fs2, i think back when pxo was up i played against a chick once, but i'm not sure. Fs2 wasn't marketed that well of course and the many few male populace of the world who heard about the game and got it, probably not much of it is chicks. I'm not saying fs2 is a man only manly game that only appeals to guys (the game has no identity for you're own character since you're nameless and sexless A1 doing a tour of duty with the gtva...chicks don't get confined to playing as gordon freeman only throughout the game as a tiny example of otherwise...and of course people usually don't care who they play as unless you can choose you're own character in a game), just that i can see how chicks who game on computers (as opposed to consoles) would find this game and want to play it about as much as i would.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
God! What is with you and posting giant blobs of text that threaten to consume us all?!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
In short, i get going on a tangent, and in the middle of it i find that there's a whole bunch more there that i didn't remember. So i sum it all up, so i don't get people saying "you didn't consider this and that". And i don't use the enter button faithfully. Also i'm a guy (officially mentioning it again to stay on topic) :)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I voted for "None of the above". I always do if it's available........................ever since I watched "Brewsters Millions"  :P
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Hey, where are the "VASUDAN, MALE" and "VASUDAN, FEMALE" options?
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ì AM A A GODDAMN SHEEP
Sorry.  Fixed your title.

And that's an interesting personal pronoun.  Is it gender-specific?

Actually, I think Battuta is the only female now. Tiara left long ago, WF went to sectorgame with aldo, icespeed is too busy to drop by, Ferret hasn't been around in forever, I don't recall Steak's wife ever posting here, and there's one more I'm forgetting but she doesn't post anymore either. :blah:
I need to dig up that post of mine where I made a list of all of them.  It was in the last thread like this we had, a few months ago.

EDIT: Found it.

So the full list would be General Battuta, Marauder, Sapphire, icespeed, Borealis, Tiara, and Wild Fragaria.  IIRC.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:10:15 am by Goober5000 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
-Joshua- forgot the most important polling option: A woman pretending to be a man.  How could he forget that one??  How many girls want to walk into a forum with hundreds of guys and say "yeah, I'm a girl"?  (Of course they might...)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I know of at least one who does after getting sick of "lol a girl" while playing Counterstrike.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Male...

I wouldn't expect many "female" votes... girls would rather play with their dolls or chat endlessly with their friends on the phone about boys, depending on their age.  Fighting with scary Shivans would be too much for them to handle.

There.  If anything will drag them out of the woodwork, that will.  They hate being stereotyped.  ;7   BTW, if I never post again, you can surmise that one of them got a little too offended at my post!  :lol:

:wtf:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I played a lot of Wipeout and Final Fantasy, and spent a lot of time watching guys play video games. 

One of said guys got me into Freespace.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
cool

SMBFD

Of course there are girls on here. Who voiceacted Alpha 3 in BWO?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?action=stats

Male to Female ratio: 89:1

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I played a lot of Wipeout and Final Fantasy, and spent a lot of time watching guys play video games. 

I know a lot of girls who are interested on games like Final Fantasy and Ace Combat :) None of them knows FreeSpace :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]