Author Topic: How to Destroy the Alt Right  (Read 15063 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
How to Destroy the Alt Right
There's a discussion going on in University of Houston in Texas titled “How to Destroy the Alt Right.”

I think Axem will use this for the next JAD, where Holley gets her chance to fight against the entire alt-right (Pepe the Frog included) :)
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: How to Destroy the Alt Right
seeing how it's a reaction to the resurgence of identity politics, getting rid of that would have to be the first step.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The fact that Bryan See posted this is actually pretty funny.  He's doing Milo's own advertising for him.

The full text of Milo's speech was posted online.

Offline Axem

I think Axem will use this for the next JAD, where Holley gets her chance to fight against the entire alt-right (Pepe the Frog included) :)

Don't talk to me or my fictional anime daughter ever again.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Bobboau is right. Getting rid of identity politics is the first step.

Regarding the far left and far right, it should be the same.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Luis Dias

Did you really post Milo's event here? Bloody hell this is hilarious.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There's a discussion going on

You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take him away.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

The fact that Bryan See posted this is actually pretty funny.  He's doing Milo's own advertising for him.

The full text of Milo's speech was posted online.

And, as expected, the best way to "Destroy the alt right" is to do ... exactly the things the alt-right wants to see politicians do.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All I know is I want the 15 minutes of my life I spent reading that bull**** back.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
All I know is I want the 15 minutes of my life I spent reading that bull**** back.

You actually read it?

Also, can someone please send Bryan's script back to its author, or perhaps judgefloro's author?  Something has gone awry.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Nice way to trigger everyone Bryan See! :D

I watched it live and seeing the majority of the audience do impressions of Trigglypuff was hilarious.
I do not feel... I think!

Nice way to trigger everyone Bryan See! :D

I think "Cringe" is a far better word for this. Triggering is... something else entirely.

Offline Luis Dias

You can say anything about the alt-right, what you cannot possibly say is that they have vulgarized the term "triggering". That was very much not their work.

What?

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
To prevent demagogues like Donald Trump from taking the office of the most powerful nation in the world.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

... What?

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
... What?

You cannot possibly say that the alt-right has vulgarized the term "triggering" to prevent demagogues like Donald Trump from taking the office of the most powerful nation in the world. Makes sense, right? I mean, at least as much as any of these threads? And I think you can guess what common denominator I might be referring to with "these".

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
This is why I don't engage in politics on the forum for the most part on these forums. Too much of a "liberal" echo chamber ending ine a certain liberalism of definitions.

No doubt I will get hounded for this, but lets look at what someone who use to identify as being on the left of politics has to say.

Ladies, gentleman, shivans and zods (is that racist towards vasudans?), I present Sargon of Akkad!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You cannot possibly say that the alt-right has vulgarized the term "triggering" to prevent demagogues like Donald Trump from taking the office of the most powerful nation in the world. Makes sense, right?

No, not in the least. It's a stunning level of red herring, so much so that it makes rational people stop and go "what the **** does that have to do with anything?" Much less the discussion actually at hand in this thread, which had nothing to do with the alt-right devaluing triggering, and everything to do with what triggering is and why the word is used at all. Joshua never mentioned the alt-right or Trump in his posts, you may have noticed.

In other words, what the **** you do you think you're proving by shifting the goalposts like that?

This is why I don't engage in politics on the forum for the most part on these forums. Too much of a "liberal" echo chamber ending ine a certain liberalism of definitions.

No doubt I will get hounded for this, but lets look at what someone who use to identify as being on the left of politics has to say.

Ladies, gentleman, shivans and zods (is that racist towards vasudans?), I present Sargon of Akkad!

This is kind of hilarious, first in that you'd bring up poor old Sargon who thinks anarcho-syndicalist Noam Chomsky was a "classic liberal" (classical liberalism would roughly equate to libertarianism) and is a known fraudster, stealing the money of his Gamergate buddies, second in that you have to argue a "liberalism of definitions" to explain why you're not posting.

Like definitions are somehow that flexible, or indeed that politicized. Even the Soviet Union would invent new ways of speaking that meant something new rather than actually attempt to change the definition wholly. I supposed, if your argument is you're being oppressed Soviet-style, you could believe that.

But it is an argument that even a cursory glance around you would make hard to sustain. I don't see Sargon being thrown in Lubyanka, even though he has actually committed a crime.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:15:36 pm by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Regardless of what Sargon has or has not done, if you watch the video you will have your answer on the liberalism of definitions and I see this everyday in my work place and I have seen it on these forums.

Do I feel oppressed which is why I do not post much on this? No!

I do not post much on this forum regarding politics because I chose not too!