Author Topic: trying to get freespace port to work  (Read 2382 times)

Offline jjyiz28

trying to get freespace port to work
i own the GoG release of freespace 2.  file version 2.0.0.8
installed on my secondary SSD at
D:\GOG Games\Freespace 2

downloaded and ran freespace open installer v2.3.0
initially downloaded and installed 2014 FSU mediavps, version 2.6.12 mediavpsm and freespace port
https://i.imgur.com/hB7LhiH.jpg

found out that i needed a "launcher" to enable disable the mods i want to play.  download and installed the latest wxLauncher for windows through FSO installer at D:\GOG Games\Freespace 2\wxLauncher.

ran the launcher, clicked basic settings tab at the top, browse button for my game root folder, but stated 'folder freespace 2 does not have any supported executables
https://i.imgur.com/N6xq3E9.jpg

tried the subfolders, data, data2, fsport, the mediavps folders, but stated no executables were found.

downloaded  "yet another launcher for windows" through FSO installer into my freespace 2 folder.  ran yal_launcher.exe.  got an error msg box stating "freespace2/fred2 cannot be run from a drive root directory!"

clicked OK and the program popped up.  clicked MOD tab, selected fsport, run, did the initial setup, then hit play, and get a freespace has stopped working box, only option to close the program. 

im seriously at my wits end right now.  any help would be appreciated.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: trying to get freespace port to work
You were doing fine up until the "no supported executables found" step.  The wxLauncher dialog is looking for versions of FS2 Open and can't find any.  Run the FSO Installer again, and choose a FSO build such as 3.8.0 Windows.  Then run wxLauncher again and it should see the 3.8.0 build.

Offline jjyiz28

sweet it works!! ty vm and for teh quick reply

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome. :yes: