Author Topic: GTM Hippocrates WIP  (Read 81229 times)

Well, for the small tubes, maybe you could make little access ports or control panels on the side, or maybe locking mechanism things.

Yeah, and maybe widen some sections of those tubes a little perhaps? You could give the impression of further 'reinforcement' or extra rooms/airlocks.

I like the progress so far.

Don't forget the polycount; normal maps can do a lot of greebling as well, no?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Good point. :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Since so many of you didn't like the main neck being cylindrical, I now present a more squared off design. If more people like it this way
I will detail it further.

Thoughts?

By brotherbryon at 2008-11-19
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I like it that way :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yup, looks better this way :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It looks better  :)
el hombre vicio...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Why did you add that odd looking panel back on to it? Either make it fragile or not, it just doesn't look good that way.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
hm! I like it better the old way.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'm neutral. This looks slightly worse than the cylinder, but if it satisfies more people...whatever.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Since so many of you didn't like the main neck being cylindrical, I now present a more squared off design. If more people like it this way
I will detail it further.

Thoughts?

By brotherbryon at 2008-11-19
Looks brilliant!  I think the squared off look is more appropriate given the rest of the design of the ship which is very squared off everywhere.  Having the cylindrical part looked a bit off from my eye...not a big deal either way but that looks better in my opinion.

Between watching this thread and am very impressed with the love that this ship is getting.  Its not the most important vessel in combat terms but it gets allot of use.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
I never removed the panel earlier I just hid it. I removed it now and started detailing the new neck. I was having a devil of a time trying to make the struts for the cylindrical one and figured now would be a good time to try a more rectangular shape. What should be the poly budget for this thing? I'm approaching 12,000 as it sits now. I'm going to reduce the number of sides on some of the tubes to try to cut that down.

By brotherbryon at 2008-11-20

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
it looks a lot better from this side :nod:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Damn, son, if that ain't gorgeous.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I think the little tubes on the side should stay, but whoever converts them needs to put them in a detail box.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Make sure the tubes don't have more than six sides, or eight at most.  They look like they would eat up a lot of polies.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Make sure the tubes don't have more than six sides, or eight at most.  They look like they would eat up a lot of polies.

The ones on the sides are 8 sided and to reduce that much more will make them look less like tubes and more like girders. The ones on the top and bottom are 10 sided and I plan on reducing them to 8 as well. I'm thinking of reducing the small neck to 12 sides from the 16 it is now. Same thing with the large tubes in the brace. I was actually thinking of blocking those sections in and getting rid of the vertical tubes them maybe adding some smaller tubes in the upper strut work. I can probably reduce the sides in the thruster as well. They are 16 sided and would most likely still look good 12 or even 10 sided. 

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
The new neck looks much better :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The neck reminds me of the Hades...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...