Author Topic: 'Stuff' build  (Read 3563 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Includes:
  • set-object-speed-x
  • set-object-speed-y
  • set-object-speed-z
  • ship-create
  • mission-set-nebula
  • eXtendable Modular Tablez
  • $Warpin speed:
  • $Warpout speed:

For more info:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35685.0.html
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35679.0.html

No FRED build, so if you want to try out the SEXPs you'll have to do it manually with Notepad and the -output_sexps argument. :(

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C09102005.zip
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
WMC, I was noticing a line in the modular table example you gave, that said "+nocreate".  Is there any significance to this line... and what is said significance?  Also, in the requests thread, you suggested that I create a mantis entry for change-turret-weapon sexp.  As I understand it, Mantis is only for bug reports, so why would I make a bug report for a sexp that doesn't exist yet?  Its more of a feature request... or did I misunderstand you?

All this said, I'm realy glad you added these features in.  Now, all we need is a FRED build to support them.

*Looks in Redmenace's direction*
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Originally posted by WMCoolmon in Extendable modular tables
The "+nocreate" flag on the line right after "$Name" specifies that if the entry doesn't already exist, it won't be created (Good for multiple-mod-friendly modular tableS)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
:nod:

I say that because I think it'll work much better if I have a list of items in mantis rather than try and keep track of them with a TODO list that keeps track of who cares + the relevant thread if I have any questions.

It's also a far, far more organized way of keeping track of feature requests. Occassionally I might feel like coding something small, but in order to find something I'd have to search through hundreds of posts in various threads...mantis I could just sort by priority 'feature' and look at the short summaries.

There is a 'feature' priority that almost nobody uses. :nod:
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
There is a 'feature' priority that almost nobody uses. :nod:

I used it yesterday!...... accidentally :o

I agree that for cases like that or when a coder wants to make something his next priority and doesn't want to forget about it the feature option is quite useful.

It should really only be used when a coder tells you to put it there IMHO though cause otherwise mantis will get really full quickly.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]