Author Topic: C08062008 - Debris After Tomorrow  (Read 12750 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Re: C08062008 - Debris After Tomorrow
I tried some other builds and it happens there too.  It also happens with both the older and the newer shader .vp as well.

Edit: Appears to only apply to debris.  Fighters and capships don't become white.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:25:46 am by Dark RevenantX »

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
I tried some other builds and it happens there too.  It also happens with both the older and the newer shader .vp as well.

Edit: Appears to only apply to debris.  Fighters and capships don't become white.

Revenant, I have this problem, too. I assume you're using an ATI graphics card, too?

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page

Revenant, I have this problem, too. I assume you're using an ATI graphics card, too?
i have that with some builds on a nvidia 9600GT.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I've had something similar occur with a 7600GT. By any chance, does turning the targeting computer affect anything for anybody?
-C

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer.

Seriously, how do I remove the targeting computer?

Offline WMCoolmon

Alt-T
-C

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I've found a bug that I believe was introduced with the debris system.

While playing JAD3 on the mission where you must destroy the comm node, I've found that the is-subsystem-destroyed-delay SEXP does not work in builds containing the debris changes - I think because the subsystem reaches an integrity of zero but never disappears because the debris chunk is left in place.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline WMCoolmon

That's sneaky...I'll look into that.
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
is-subsystem-destroyed-delay doesn't check the integrity of the subsystem. It merely looks in the log to see if a message about the subsystem was logged. It shouldn't return true even if the ship was destroyed otherwise.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
is-subsystem-destroyed-delay doesn't check the integrity of the subsystem. It merely looks in the log to see if a message about the subsystem was logged. It shouldn't return true even if the ship was destroyed otherwise.

Do you know why 3.6.10 is breaking it then while 3.6.9 didn't?

Mission 4 of JAD3 if you want to check it out.  You should be able to destroy the core/crystal of the comm node and have it blow up, but that trigger doesn't work.  You end up having to destroy the whole thing.

Only other thing I can think of is the event is tied to the Core subsystem but it shows up in game as Crystal (no core present).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm not saying you're wrong about the symptoms. Just that it couldn't be due to the SEXP not reading the subsystems hitpoints.

Basically I didn't want WMC looking in the wrong place for the problem. The first thing I'd check if I were him (or you) is if a log entry for the destruction of the Crystal subsystem is being written to the log.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

If it's between 3.6.9 and this build, that's pretty vague. If it's between C08052008 and this build, it could be the debris stuff. However, it'd be a bit odd if it were.
-C

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
K, this is strange and it could be a FRED/SCP bug...

I made a mission in which a transport should undock from an Arcadia and warp out using the hangarbay of a nearby destroyer. It never undocks. It keeps pulling the poor station with it and ramming the destroyer with it to death.
First I tried using SEXP's to give orders. TRansports starts docked, 2 seconds after mission start it gets and AI order to undock and several seconds after that it gets an order to deprat.
That didn't really work, since the transport judt stood there, not moving at all.
Then I tried giving it initial orders to undock (89) and warp out (60) and the station-pulling happened.

It's fin, but ti's also frustrating.

Oh, using other head ani's doesn't seem to work either. I extracted a few from Blue Planet and used them for conversations - the stock ones appear in-game but the new ones don't.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline WMCoolmon

I can't tell if those have anything to do with the changes I made in this build. I did have to change aspects of the dock/undock code, but that was mostly related to trying to keep things from trying to dock with ships in limbo (However, limbo ships may still be able to dock with things not in limbo...hmmm....)

Do the same things also happen with C09032008?

EDIT: D'oh, just realized that this was 08/06 and not 09/06. Check to see if these happen in Chief's last trunk build and put 'em in mantis. I'm not going to work on generic bugs unless they're easy or until I've cleared up the things that I need to take care of involving my code.
-C