Author Topic: Speculation on the fate of BtRL  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Re: Speculation on the fate of BtRL
Last we knew omni was still busy working on BtRL and continues to do so. Discussion about it shouldn't be a banned subject as long as things remain civil.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I tend to agree. But on the other hand I don't much like locking threads just because I'm uninterested in the subject so I didn't close it.

So I'll simply repeat my comment that anyone who wants to know what's going on with BtRL should be asking them since we don't know.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Adalla

• So Say We All!
    • Adalla Productions
Here's my prediction.

BtRL will remain quiet and nobody will give a darn about it. Omni will probably do 90% of the work as he's probably the worst person to work with. I would have a hard time believing he treats fellow Devs any better than fans.

Then one day, some 6 years from now, (if 2012 proves not to be the year of the destruction of mankind as the Mayans and a few dozen other religions and belief systems predict) they will release the game.

People will most likely download it, play it, and proceed on ignoring Omni or anybody else that ever worked on it, as if the game magically appeared out of nowhere and made itself.

It'd sure suck to be a Dev when nobody gives a rats left butt cheek about your work.

But the BtRL folk are getting and will get what they deserve.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but as the founder of the biggest BtRL gaming clan, I was hit pretty hard when the only game we supported died, and along with it so did BSG9 along with all the other BtRL clans.

It's hard to forget something like that.

That's why it might seem that those few times that I get the time to visit this forum, I always end up posting on BtRL topics lol.

I need to stop doing that.

Speaking of Diaspora....those Raptor cockpit and interiors look AWESOME! :)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I would have a hard time believing he treats fellow Devs any better than fans

He doesn't.

Wee for being fired! I was the first! Neener neener neener. Actually I think I'm the only one, everyone else quit. I told him He was a bad leader and some other insult, so he fired me. Viva la revolution!

Am I allowed to say that? :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
No. You're really not.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]