Author Topic: Antipodes 8 - Pilot, Attend! (Updated 08/27/2011 - r7538)  (Read 61498 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Antipodes 8 - Pilot, Attend! (Updated 08/27/2011 - r7538)
Welcome to Antipodes 8, the Pilot Code refresh brought to us by taylor.

Excerpts from the Internal post from taylor regarding the Pilot Code changes:
  • Converts single-player pilots only.
          Other than settings, multi-player pilots contain no real data to convert over that doesn't also exist in the single-player pilot file.  Stats all come from the server, so what exists in the multi pilot is always getting tossed out anyway.  Attempting to simplify the conversion code as much as possible to avoid issues meant that we can't reliably convert both single and multi pilots over to the new format.
  • Can only convert savefiles for active mod(s).
          The old pilot file format does not contain enough information to satisfy the requirements of the new format.  So in order for this info to be provided so that conversion is possible, it can only successfully convert campaign savefiles that are basically compatible with the current mod list.
  • Conversion only happens once per pilot.
          If a .pl2 is successfully converted then it will also attempt to convert all .cs2 files for that pilot.  But per the above caveat the .cs2 files won't necessarily convert.  However once the .pl2 has be converted into the new format it will not attempt conversion again for that pilot.  This means that any campaign savefiles which were not able to be converted will not be tried again.  There are cumbersome ways around this, but we should probably avoid detailing that to users.
  • Pilot file conversion won't happen on same named pilots.
          If a .plr exists in the new format already which has the same name of any old pilot then the old pilot will not be converted/merged.  Inferno pilots take precedence over regular pilots, so if a regular pilot has the same name as an Inferno pilot only the Inferno pilot will get converted.
  • Older and retail pilots are never converted.
          Older versioned .pl2/.cs2 files and retail .plr/.csg/.css files will not be converted with this new code.  They do not contain enough information to migrate over.  Hopefully someone will volunteer to make a pilot file utility which will allow users to do this manually (hint, hint).

What will happen:
In $FS2\data\players (where $FS2 represents where you have installed FreeSpace 2, preferably in "C:\Games") there is a "single" and a "multi" folder.
Inside each of those (if you have been following our recommendations) there will also be an "inferno" folder.

The code in this build will take any Inferno Pilot over non-Inferno pilot and convert it and place it into the $FS2\data\players folder as a *.plr file.
If that player is engaged in a campaign, it will create a campaign save-file as well (where campaign specific progress is stored, separate of the pilot itself, but still associated to said pilot).
This means that 1 pilot can now safely transition multiple mods/campaigns without breaking progress.

In my case, I loaded FS2 Open with MediaVPs in the FreeSpace 2 Campaign and it converted my default Inferno Single-player Template pilot "New", so I now have a "New.plr" and a "New.FreeSpace2.csg".
In loading up BluePlanet, I get a "New.BP.csg" (assuming that I load Blue Planet with the "New" pilot)

Highly Recommended that you make a copy/archive of your existing data\players\single and \multi folders and/or the files inside of them FIRST before running these builds.

These builds now also do away with the distinction of Inferno vs Non-Inferno builds.
All Inferno Build limits are STANDARD build limits now, removing the necessity to having separate builds.

Windows Builds Here:

No Changelog, as this is just a Sync Update Build.

SSE and SSE2 Compiler Optimized Builds Recommended!

FSO-Win-Ant8_SSE-r7538.7z
MD5: 1903218E5966459D11272FFFFC522349

FSO-Win-Ant8_SSE2-r7538.7z
MD5: 364A61BA00310547B1EAD249708C631D

Non-Optimized Build:
FSO-Win-Ant8-r7538.7z
MD5: 0740E6308F3ED5576985800D2EC4EE0C

OS X Builds Here:

FS2_Open-Ant8_r9301.zip (Mirror) (Mirror)
MD5: 21fc22b63d88d02615c55deb76db66e1

Linux Builds Here:

***Pending***
MD5:

Container Box for any reported issues;
Reporters name is a link to post directly beginning the reported issue.
Brief summary of the reported issue.
Followed by any Mantis or SVN Commits related to it (where applicable).
mjn.mixael: Red-Alert Mission bug causing for crashes.
Potentially resolved by using Patches supplied by pyro3d.

rscaper1070: Changing Campaign in the campaign Selection Screen (or re-entering the Campaign Selection Screen) causes a CTD.
Additionally, when not causing a CTD, will cause a pop-up stating that the selected Campaign cannot be found, even though going to Techroom shows that campaign as active.

taylor: default key-mapping separate of Pilot file data.

Karajorma: Training messages do not take into account multiple binds for controls
(Fixed in Antipodes SVN Commit 6859)

Shivan Hunter: Switching between Single and Multi modes (after Pilot Select screen) doesn't work (requires hitting "Convert" instead of "Select" and/or "Accept") (Mantis 2354)
(Fixed in Antipodes SVN Commit 6857)

Trivial Psychic: Converting Pilots already with progress in a campaign has progress reset.

Shivan Hunter: Inverting Y-axis on mouse resets when restarting. Same with Absolute Throttle. (Mantis 2353)
(Fixed in Antipodes SVN Commits 6853 & 6856)

mjn.mixael: when the game is first loaded, it just loads the default mainhall until the campaign is reselected or continued.
(Now an ANT-8 specific issue, but at least now the main hall change SAVES, needs more testing to validate Commit 7091)

mjn.mixael: Ships display "0 ms" for velocity in Ship Selection screen.
(Fixed in Trunk Commit 6900 & Antipodes Commit 6901)

Additionally, assigned to me for Feedback and checking on:
Mantis 481, Mantis 1588, Mantis 1751, Mantis 1877, Mantis 1944
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:34:35 pm by chief1983 »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Re: Antipodes 8 - Pilot, Attend!
w00000000000000000t! Testing. :D

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Having used this pilot code for some time I can assure everyone that after the startup hump (I just deleted my old pilots folder) it is lovely.

Offline Kolgena

This has no chance to survive fix already corrupted pilot files right?

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
ah, finally!  :D :yes:

dl nao.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
This has no chance to survive fix already corrupted pilot files right?

No, in fact I'd just ditch all your pilots.

Offline Kolgena

Head .ani's are now permanently bright, whereas before hitting L was able to toggle them between bright and dim.

(As a side note, whenever they're shown, they still lag up the game. I'm going to guess that this is being worked on already)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
When I have only one pilot, I can't switch between multiplayer and singleplayer versions of the pilot.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
You don't need to anymore.  All pilot data multi and single are stored in the same file.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Yes, I do. Click on the big door in the center of the main hall. It does different thing based on whether you're in a multi session or sp session.

It is currently impossible to switch between those two with only one pilot, presumably for the exact reason you said: there's no code that switches from a pilot to itself, which is the only thing I can do.

I solved the problem by creating a pilot called "derp", switching to it and then back to my main, so the issue is low priority.

[EDIT] Actually, it seems that the problem is still there. You can only ever get into single player mode through the initial pilot select screen; selecting a pilot from the barracks will always enter multiplayer mode. In fact, the single player pilot won't ever really be selected (The text never turns white), although the game will acknowledge that it's in single player mode (I can't change the squad logo after clicking "select") until I exit to the main hall.

[EDIT2] Further testing indicates that I am le dumb. It's impossible to switch between single and multiplayer either way from the Barracks- I just hadn't tried going from single to multi yet.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:57:55 pm by Shivan Hunter »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
The new code is supposed to store the multi info in the same file.  You should be able to use the same one for both. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The new code is supposed to store the multi info in the same file.  You should be able to use the same one for both. 

Yeah, but...how do you actually get to multi if you can't switch to multi mode with your pilot?

I sense that's the issue here.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
The issue is more "how do I get to single player". Above post edited with additional info.

[EDIT] Edited again. Basically, the barracks does nothing w.r.t single or multi (selecting it in the initial pilot select screen still works).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:56:36 pm by Shivan Hunter »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
So while it did generate the new pilot files and campaign progress files, it seemed to reset them all to the beginning.  Fortunately, my originals are still intact so I could continue playing with an older build, but I can't play with Ant8 until I start a new campaign... unless this gets overcome.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
If you selected Multi in the Pilot Select screen, you can still switch to Single Player engine mode by going to the barracks, selecting the pilot that you are currently using (in Multi) and hitting "Convert".

This won't actually convert the pilot, but it will switch the engine into accepting Single Player.

Being able to just choose the Single Player Pilot and hitting "Select" and/or "Accept" would be better.

The reason why it previously worked was because the two Pilots (single and multi) were separate entities.
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
The reason why it previously worked was because the two Pilots (single and multi) were separate entities.

Yeah, I figured the one file was confusing that part of the code. It's not a huge priority since the initial screen works, though. Should I mantis it?

[EDIT] Blargh, another bug to report. I invert the Y axis on my mouse for FS. When I exit the game, then restart, the axis has been reverted to normal. All the other controls (buttons) are unaffected.

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
I started playing through BP Age of Aquarius again, and I got a crash when I committed on Journey of a Thousand Miles Part II.  I can't provide an fs2_open.log right now since I wasn't running a debug build.  Did anyone else get this crash?

BTW, will we be able to change the default keyboard controls with this new pilot code as mentioned in this thread?

[EDIT]fs2_open.log added.  It appears this new pilot code breaks the BP2 "Betty" scripts as well...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:43:56 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
BTW, will we be able to change the default keyboard controls with this new pilot code as mentioned in this thread?

That and expanded key bindings should now be possible to work on with this code. As well possible checks to allow for those of us using non-traditional US Keyboards to be able to utilize OS mapping (though I suspect Win 7 is broken in regards to handing off Regional data, since nothing recognizes default remapping from my Dvorak layout)

¤[D+¬>

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.13.6848
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 16
  -ogl_spec 32
  -spec_static 1.25
  -spec_point 1.5
  -spec_tube 1.5
  -ambient_factor 120
  -env
  -mipmap
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -no_emissive_light
  -normal
  -3dshockwave
  -post_process
  -bloom_intensity 90
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod zoom,blueplanet2,blueplanet,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-adv-visuals.vp' with a checksum of 0x2fa0cebd
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0x60465ead
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' with a checksum of 0x24b50f90
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x5d4c1bfb
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x8fea63ef
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-adv-visuals.vp' with a checksum of 0x1541da12
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' with a checksum of 0xcc452f9d
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' with a checksum of 0x060bee91
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xe2219ccf
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' with a checksum of 0x7e75407b
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' with a checksum of 0x44c7e8dd
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\3612_Ant-Cache.vp' with a checksum of 0x64d89f2a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\3613_Update.vp' with a checksum of 0x19cf9a3d
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\368glowpts.vp' with a checksum of 0x08962704
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\fs2_primaries.vp' with a checksum of 0xbfadf6e9
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tangoA_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x2e10c984
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tangoB_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x0a5f4659
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\zoom\' ... 134 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\' ... 182 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-adv-visuals.vp' ... 23 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-audio1.vp' ... 154 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-core.vp' ... 61 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals1.vp' ... 494 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\bp2-visuals2.vp' ... 1976 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\' ... 45 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-adv-visuals.vp' ... 403 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-audio1.vp' ... 41 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-audio2.vp' ... 685 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-core.vp' ... 46 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals1.vp' ... 326 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\bp-visuals2.vp' ... 1488 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\' ... 155 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\3612_Ant-Cache.vp' ... 199 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\3613_Update.vp' ... 216 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\368glowpts.vp' ... 28 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\fs2_primaries.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tangoA_fs2.vp' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\tangoB_fs2.vp' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 36 roots and 18527 files.
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX enabled: NO
  Playback device: Generic Hardware on Realtek HD Audio output
  Capture device: Realtek HD Audio Input
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1280x1024 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer  : GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2
  OpenGL Version   : 3.3.0

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_NV_vertex_program3".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

ASSERTION: "pm->missile_banks != NULL" at object.cpp:783
 Ship GTC Hyperion has 4 secondary banks, but no missile banks could be found.

Freeing all existing models...
Size of bitmap info = 760 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 52 bytes

Talon - your install is incorrect. Please remove 'zoom' from your mod.ini line and see if that helps. More importantly, I don't believe you should have 368_glowpoints or fs2_primaries.

The Hyperion cruiser has no secondary banks whatsoever, so I suspect these stray VPs are causing your issues.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:18:29 am by General Battuta »

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
And please to only run either 3612_Ant-Cache OR 3613_Update, not both. (Recommendation: 3612_Ant-Cache, since the 13 Update is about to be replaced)

Code: (fs2_open.log) [Select]
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet2\' ... 182 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\blueplanet\' ... 45 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files\Games\GOG.com\Freespace2\mediavps_3612\' ... 155 files

And gods only know what all those loose files are that it found and is loading.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:22:28 am by Zacam »

¤[D+¬>