Author Topic: BP Multi going dormant  (Read 4832 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
BP Multi going dormant
Well, It might be obvious to some, but I would prefer, if everyone else on the team agrees, to officially call BP Multi a dormant project for now. I was planning on getting back into it after completing The Antagonist, but after spending so many months out of it I feel like I have lost the swing of things: what needs fixing, how or what multiplayer missions ought to be created/refined, how best to orgainse upcoming 'game days' etc.

I don't see this as too much of a bad decision given the nature of the project. I spoke with some members of the BP team, and the idea has been proposed, though not officially, to include some multiplayer missions with upcoming BP updates. This will allow a larger base of users due to a less intimidating method of distribution. If this is the case, it might be better to time the efforts of the project to be released at the same time Blue Planet updates are packaged.

I also don't want to put anyone off who wants to play BP Multi in its current form. There are still many complete missions on the SVN for anyone to be able to play online with others. Also if you want to try and organise a 'game day' on the forums, by all means go for it. That's a large reason why we have one. Just try to set the day far enough back so that people have enough time to view the thread and plan their schedules. I usually gave it a week and planned for weekends.

Looking back at what this project has become, I would like to again thank everyone who participated in it. Spring was a blast!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:35:29 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Lester

Re: BP Multi going dorment
Personally, I'm waiting on code fixes, as it's just too frustrating to spent hours working on work-arounds that are getting more and more far out with every attempt.

Also, I think multi in general has gone dormant during the summer, depriving us of much needed motivation and audience.

That said, I'd be happy to start a thread listing all the missions, the development stage they're in, and what needs fixing. Project MULTI has a thread like that, which works quite nicely.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Dormant.

Also, congrats on some great progress! I only ever tested with you guys during the very beginnings, but it sounds like you've done some epic stuff. (I really should get back into FS Multi sometime...)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I personally expect BP Multi to get revived pretty quickly when WiH2 comes out. We're a little restricted right now, without the optimized capships and rebalancing of the weaponry/ships that were unused in WiH1.

Expect moar great co-op conversions to happen after the release of WiH2 !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Darius

If progress on the campaign lags with the modpack and balancing being essentially complete, the modpack v2.0 might be released beforehand. We'll let the relevant people know.