Author Topic: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement  (Read 72147 times)

Re: Inferno 10th Anniversary Announcement
I want my superjuggernauts. I don't care about if you add plot or not, I just want my superjuggernauts and my anticipation of more superjuggernauts. KTHX.

We need at least one mod with lots of superjuggernauts to satisfy our desire for ever bigger ships.

Listen to this man
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

I'm really looking forward to the new Inferno. I have always regarded it one of the best FS2 mods (accompanied by Ancient-Shivan War and Blue Planet :)). The most changes and upgrades that Woomeister talked about seem to be really promising. If I had to add something to the list of wishes in this topic... I'd like to see wiser tactics and inconventional weapons used by both GTVA and the EA. I mean for example destroyers not being thrown for suicide missions (vide EA destroyers in INF R1 :P) and maybe some attacks on enemy beams before deploying large warships.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Looks like this will rock, eh? :)

I have been observing your eyecandy thread. I couldn't help noticing the Lucifer on the shivan shipyards pic. Is Lucifer making a comeback in Inferno appearing along with her sister ships, the other Shivan juggernauts?

How are you planning to handle a civil war at the time when the ALIEN enemy is intent to destroy everything? Any hints?

I admit I have played Inferno RC 1, when it was released, still, that was a lot of time ago and I don't remember.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Shivans don't turn up until partway through the EA war, and it's not like FS2 didn't have a civil war simultaneously with a Shivan incursion anyway.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Unless things have changed, the Lucifer is the Shivan superdestroyer, comparable to the Nemesis and Odin. Asset wise, it replaces the Diablo from R1, but probably not story-wise.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
But in the video there's a new Diablo model.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well then. Evidently, things have changed. :P

Looking at it again the new Diablo looks like the Vidhyadhar.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:49:49 pm by Snail »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's great to hear that you're updating R1, Inferno's greatest strenght was always it's "classic" feel, which is something not encouncered often.
What amazed me was that, first version of R1 (the once for retail FS2) felt even closer to FS2 thanks to model and effects quality. I must say that when I first played INFR1 on retail, the only thing preventing it from feeling completely like a real sequel to FS2 was the fact it didn't had a mainhall. Also, weapon loadout anis looked bad (being made from actual missile models, which were very low quality at that time), but that's all.
I can't wait to see how the upgrade will look.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

But the Vidhyadhar is the six-armed thing right?
This one has four.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Because it is :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Because it is :p
Oh. How convenient. :D

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Looking at an old video, and knowing a new Inferno will be out eventually, I'm curious as to weapon sounds, are the Descent weapon sounds going to be replaced?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Is the music used in the trailer Inferno original?
If not, how is it called? If yes, can I has please?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It was made for INFA by Zajed as far as I know. Mobius can give better details there as he was the one who had it made.

I though it fit the trailer design quite well so I swiped it from our INFA filedump :D

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Mobius has been gone for a long time, so you may have to wait until he gets back to you.  But apparently he has an extensive list of online contacts through DeviantArt and whatnot.

-R

So cool! I Ilove Inferno R1, and was disappointed when I found that the story was incomplete and didn't look like it would be. Can't wait for R2!

Offline mr.WHO

Does SOC Solaris is still in use? I remember that after scrapping the SOC fleet you planned to keep Solaris.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, the Solaris was (still is) a pretty cool model, probably the best in the old SOC fleet.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No, all SOC capships were removed including the Solaris.