Author Topic: MCO 539  (Read 7003 times)

Offline magic

MCO 539

Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechcommander-omnitech/downloads/mechcommander-omnitech-539

What is new in this release?

The most important changes are for players AI.
Repair truck will now autorepair any of the players mechs if it is idle.
Players mechs will scan area around for any capturable buildings and take capture if capturable building(s) is(are) found.
Players mechs will scan area around for any repair bays if in need of repairs and repair if they find one.
No player unit will use new brain initiative if selected by the player or has "Hold position" order.

Range modifier added to targeting solution. Longer range - lower chance to hit.
NEW Main menu art thanks to d4f_mac

List of changes since 484

Cement tile set and overlays (roads and runway) by vossiewulf.
8 new cement tiles added.
Number of cements increased.
Corrected terrain tile set by vossiewulf.
Textures.fit - priorities for new cement changed.
MAX_SENSORS changed to 300.
More changed tiles...
Max_pilots raised to 255.
New Betty - combination of MC1 and MC2 Betty sounds.
Components Captured sound added to salvage components.
Betty msg repair_complete removed from the code.
Force group bar is not fully visible any more, only Active units (placeholders are removed if there is no unit).
Purchase file errors fixed.
Code fix - calc weapon ranges.
Compbas changed - short range weapons damage raised by 20%.
Purchase.fit file fix.
Mission briefing text string doubled.
Mission briefing screen can show Mission briefing (green), Tactical Info (red) and Additional text (yellow).
Smoke stopped after explosion for mechs.
Some old sky textures replaced.
Pilot review screen changed. Offsets for resolutions added.
After mission salvage screen changed. Offsets for resolutions changed.
Function autorepair change - repair objects sorted by distance.
Corebrain patrol order fix.
some fixed memory limits increased on init.
Mechs will now go to the location before repair order given after repairs.
Units with hold position on will not use auto scan and auto repair feature.
Pilot health bar above pilot picture. Destroyed mech parts are now gray in icons.Pilot health bar in Info window.
Math for icon damage display changed - simplified.
Logistics screens offset calculations added per resolution instead of reading from FIT files.
New main menu art and some loading screen art changes thanks to d4f_mac.
Support options costs color changed to green.
Support underlying rect is less transparent and cover costs.
Resolution 1280x800 added to supported list.
Mech camera zoom fix in Options and mech purchase screens.
button_layot fix for low res. Load screen load bar coordinates fix.
5th icon color fix.

BUGS
DisplayResourceTextMessage command - fixed.
Patrol order fix.
Left click is not selecting on force group bar - fixed.
Right click select in salvage window fixed - no camera jump if object under cursor.
No pilots available for hire when loading after mission save fixed.
When mission has skip logistics it can mess logistics screens for the next mission - fixed.
Captured or added to player vehicle that was sensor contact during capture keeps its circular contact - fixed.
Main menu - bug fix on load-cancel.

MECHS

Many mech.ini files fixed to match animation speed with mech speed by Mad Bomber.
Many mech.csv files changed - mech speed number corrected per BT TROs.
New mech Vindicator - model by Mad Bomber - modified/adjusted for game, animated and textured by magic.
Orion icon flipped and corrected color codes.
Vindicator icon added.
New mech Quickdraw (6 weapon nodes) and icon in place of Locust2c. Locust2c removed from the game.
New mech dervish (5 weapon nodes) and icons in place of urbanmech2c.
Dervish.CSV file changed - added description reference.
New mech Stinger (5 weapon nodes and icon).
Intruder texture redesign.
Dervish, Kodiak and Quckdrow animation speed fixes by Mad Bomber.
Better textures for some mechs.

VEHICLES AND BUILDINGS

Karnov prop fixed to use riht texture.
Medium Copter Prop - 3 new colors Brown, Gray and Green. New Cargo Truck.
3 new truck models: Cargo Truck, Flat Truck, Fuel Truck.
Salvage Karnov texture fix.
4 new Heavy Copter Props (Brown, Gray, Green and White)
3 new light copter props - Brown, Gray and Blue.
Buildings Big Component Warehouse, and Parking Garage fixed - should be completely redesigned - incorrect terrain mapping.
New Car model by vossiewulf: new vehicle with RGB texture and 5 new props.
Nev vehicle: Longhaul Truck - model and texture by vossiewulf.
7 new Lonhhaul Truck props by Vossiewulf.

ABL COMMANDS

setbrainNew(PartID, brainName);

PartID - number from the editor for buildings, part id for mover (getunitmates(squadID)) from squad ID or -1=self.
brainName - the name of the brain file without extension.

Effect: set new brain file to unit.

3 new abl commands for use with players units brain:
- needsrefit - True if unit needs refit
- scanareacapture(radius) - if idle players mechs will scan area for capturable buildings and capture if any.
- scanarearepair(radius) - if idle players mechs will scan area for repair bay and repair.
pbrain.abl changed - auto scan for capture and auto repair in repair bay added.

New ABL coammand:
setLargetMsg(0,"My Message",10);

first parameter can be 0 or 1.
0 - instant message for the duration of number of seconds (10),
1 - large message box with press enter to continue, in this case third parameter is not important.

Effect: display "My Message" in message box for 10 seconds or with pause.

NEW ABL command: isselected - true if current unit is selected by player - for use in pbrain
pbrain changed. Selected players units will not use new brain routines.

function setobjectivestatus fixed - if successful it will trigger assigned actions.

setfixedbuildingrp(PartID, number_of_resource_points);

PartID - number from the editor for buildings,
number_of_resource_points - integer number of resource points.

Effect: Set Fixed number of RPs to any building and make it capturable. Works for buildings.
Any building set with this command will have fixed number of RPs when captured.

EDITOR

Limit to 4x3 resolutions removed.
Resolution limited to 1920x1080 when higher resolution detected.
New cement tiles added to menus.
Bug fix assigning SquadIds - every new unit added will get correct SquadID number, no more gaps.
Max movers to save changed to 255.
Weather dialog added.
Two more blurbs added (tactical info (red) and additional info (yellow)) in mission briefing.
New large Text message added to objective actions.

Wow!... Thanks for the public release magic !

MCO just keeps getting better....

Oh hey goody, I didn't know you had time to add the larger in-mission text box, thanks! Will finally be able to finalize the text in the Barsoom missions.

Also need to go through and replace all the cars and trucks with our new spiffy ones!

Any Idea about how I can fix this issue? It happened shortly after one of the many crashes(for some reason on random occasions MCO will just stop responding and crash, I have no clue why...)  that keep happening, in the Fourth(I believe) mission based off of Mechwarrior mercs 2, it seems like the mech purchasing screen won't display mechs anymore. IDK if any other missions are affected but it would be annoying if it did.

Here are some of my specs just in case it's needed:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB

System type: 64-bit OS

Don't get me wrong, MCO is amazing and you've done a fantastic job giving MCO and new life, magic. Just wish I could play w/o crashes or minor bugs happening.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline magic

Have changed any of the purchase files?
This will happen only if there is no mech for purchase or missing purchase file.

Nope, I changed none of the purchase files and there was definitely mechs for purchase on that mission so idk what's up with that. Thankfully I managed to get past that part of the campaign w/o the purchase screen working but now I'm getting some crashes again further into the mercs 2 campaign specifically mw_9_1_LastFrontier where halfway through the mission I get a game crashing error I'll edit this post after I take note of what it says (since screencap doesn't seem to work)

EDIT: What the heck...I managed to complete the mission w/o any crashes this time around. My guess is b/c I did a quick save just before the eventual crash which did occur. But this time around did a quick load from that prior quick save and managed to do the rest of the mission.

However, it did crash immediately when I tried launching into the next mission and this one I was able to screenshot so I'll attach it to this comment.

But these crashes have no consistency as far as I'm aware. I mean, I got a game crash on the 4th mission as I mentioned in the previous post but it never happened again, and now 14+ missions in the MW2 Mercs campaign I get 1 mission which had repeated crashes up until I quick loaded from a quick save and then the following mission just crashes immediately...Not only that, but they seem to occur in some campaigns whereas others are completely fine... Really strange...

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:14:44 pm by ExiledZebra »

Hello

two questions:
In the mech configuration panel the drop down list for selecting a saved configuration doesn't work.
Also after overwriting a mech configuration file and going to the mech purchasing screen, the game crashes.

Also:
game freezes randomly when fully zoomed in
how to capture downed mechs

The drop down menu for saved configurations was disabled by Magic.....  I'm not fully sure of the reason but I think it was done to improve performance... ...

To capture downed mechs you need at least 1 spare pilot in your roster and the salvage craft resource available. Select the craft from the menu at the top (costing 1000 resource points). Icon changes to salvage icon. Select the mech. Choose a pilot with the left button. Right click to finalize.

Sorry I can't help with the crash problems, but thanks for reporting them !

Keep up the good work magic.

Best regards,

Ulric

Offline harii

Is there any way to get back the urbanmech?
The locust over the urbanmech?
UM-68 or UM-69,
UM-R70 and UM-R80

Offline Karl

Hi all,

I am having a problem with MCO, the editor and the encyclopedia...
I dont think its actually MCO thats the issue but I thought I would describe it here in the hope that someone knows a fix.

MCO has always worked fine for me and continued to do so right up until two weeks ago (18/2/16) and now I cant get it to run.

I get the splash screen for the editor then it bails out without a crash message, similar for the game and encyclopedia, I get a blank window and then it bails out.

The only thing I can remember changing on the PC (I am no longer the only user of this PC  :mad:) is that Steam was installed with CSGO.
I have uninstalled Steam but the problem persists.... Windows wont do a roll back either (I just dont know what the point of that restore system is)

Possibly related? I did have a massive frame rate drop in one other game at about the same time, I have since fixed that by reinstalling DX... Unfortunately no change for MCO.

Thoughts MCO community?

Cheers

Karl

Offline Karl

Sorted! The old nojoystick trick

Hmmm. Maybe I should give this a go again. I remember being really **** at this and felt kinda lost playing the campaign.

Offline Karl

My advice MT would be to install the original carver 5 campaign with MCO, the missions by Magic are tough but do-able if you think strategy not brute force

I don't remember if I played that. Pretty sure I might have.