Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: The CMake build system
« Last post by Cyborg17 on December 11, 2017, 09:41:09 pm »
I got a refurbished mac for $140 from 2007...  Works great.  Runs El Capitan.  User experience. Very pleased.
Use an event to damage the weapons subsystem and see if it happens. This exact behavior is what we saw.
Gaming Discussion / Re: How EA ruined Mass Effect (Split from SWBF2)
« Last post by General Battuta on December 11, 2017, 09:29:35 pm »
It's me. I ruined Mass Effect.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag FREE
« Last post by General Battuta on December 11, 2017, 09:28:50 pm »
Is it worth signing up for Uplay bull**** for this?

Yes, for free.

I played Black Flag just a few weeks ago. It's very good. The story is a lil' meandering but the characters are wonderful; you'll be sick to death of the staple Assassin's Creed gameplay loops (collect all the X, climb all the Y, oh my god these parkour controls are infuriating, tailing missions FUUCK) by the end, but you also get a wonderful, atmospheric pirate simulator complete with upgradable ship and legendary ship bosses.
General Discussion / Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
« Last post by Scourge of Ages on December 11, 2017, 08:01:22 pm »
What. wait. waht. hold on.

*grumbles at crunchyroll*

All right, found it. It's on the list.
Pffffft Operation Flashpoint Red River had internal guts modelling

Welp, now Star Citizen needs accurate colon function modeling and in-game laxatives to justify that system's inclusion.  Emptying the toilet onto the windshield of pursuing vessels is another step closer to reality.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: FS2 on a macbook pro ?
« Last post by WALLY on December 11, 2017, 07:06:44 pm »
Ok , thanks, im in the UK  and its gone midnight , so ill leave it for now, and  re try tomorrow,  and I will keep you  updated, thanks for your help.
Goodnight
Wally.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.0
« Last post by ngld on December 11, 2017, 06:29:16 pm »
The fsoinstaller.com website still claims that you need to have FS2 installed and doesn't mention that the installer can extract the GOG installer with innoextract. Would be nice if you could clear that up to avoid confusing Linux or macOS users.
« Last post by ngld on December 11, 2017, 06:26:27 pm »
You don't need to have FS2 installed for the FSO Installer. I'm not sure why the page says that but I've tried the installer and it allows you to select the installer file from GOG.

You don't have to download anything else to get Knossos to work, just download the Knossos.dmg file and extract it the same way you would with other DMGs. Knossos can download mods for you, install and launch them. It has nothing to do with wine.
« Last post by WALLY on December 11, 2017, 06:18:28 pm »
Thanks.

I tried the link to the  FSO Installer, that you posted, and the next page says, you must allready have FS 2 installed ? Which I cannot, as  GOG do not  have a mac version.
 Or, does it mean  I have to download the windows version onto the mac, then  download  the FSO installer ?

Ive never tried that knossos, but  from what Ive read, it sounds a bit like wine, to get it to work, you have to download several other things too ?

Wally
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10