Author Topic: And Some More Eye Candy  (Read 15054 times)

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
I assume by 'huge-ass level' you mean campaign?  Good luck with it.

Let me give you some free advice.  Over the years, there's been any number of terrific-sounding, huge, one-man, campaigns started.  Most have died when their originator ran out of steam.  The community has gotten very cynical about big campaign announcments - its one of the reasons that new campaigns aren't be hosted on HLP.  If you're looking for respect, I would suggest completing a mini-campaign (it can certainly be 'chapter 1' of something bigger) but the key word is 'completing'.  Show the community that you can produce a finished product and you'll get respect you want.
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

I said level, not campaign. Keep your eyes perked for something when I put "campaign" in there. But anyone who has talked to me has heard me say: I never do anything half-way.

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
So what do you consider a 'level' in FS?
If a man walks in the desert and speaks where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Anything that can make you experience the game the way you should, with plenty of strategy, features, combat, and interface... oh yeah...

Offline Geezer

• Methuselah
Ummmm. Okay.  I just read your posts on the Campaigns board.  I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with :)

Just one problem: my FTP server is being a prick. It says its not there even when I type all the stuff into the FileZilla boxes to start it up (Stealth gave me the info to put IN those boxes)

Now I have to wait for his response...