Author Topic: Forum game II: Forum game harder (Vague rule idea outline discussion thread)  (Read 41321 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Forum game II: Forum game harder (Vague rule idea outline discussion thread)
So I've missed the signup?
Dekker, please. There hasn't even been a sign up yet  :p

I hate to be the complicator, but you do realise that you could place some 'terrain' on this kind of map?

Line-of-fire blockers, asteroids, debris fields etc.

...D&D 4th ed has spoiled me.  :doubt:
There will be asteroid fields on some grids
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Forum game II: Forum game harder (Vague rule idea outline discussion thread)
I'm just excited!  :P

So in anticipation, what can I do for my "faction" in advance?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
If it seems like I suddenly gone quiet all of the sudden with regards to the forum game, that's probably because I did! I ran into a few creative roadblocks, was drawing a lot of blanks, lost all momentum I had and I just sort of petered out.
Sorry everyone, please have patience untill I regain my drive. This game will happen eventually, honest!

I'm just excited!  :P

So in anticipation, what can I do for my "faction" in advance?
I'm glad you are excited, but there's nothing you can do just yet right now  :)

Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Sure, man take your time. Good things need quite a lot of it.

Also, if we can help, if only to throw ideas at you and see which stick, let us know.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Veers

So I've missed the signup?
Dekker, please. There hasn't even been a sign up yet  :p

So have I missed the signup? :P

Managed to catch up on a few topics while I was in China, but couldn't remember my passw0rd...

Looking good though, can probably start more generic RP posts if anybody is interested in that again. Otherwise, I'll be sitting tight.

CRF! CRF! CRF!
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I've no idea what is required RP wise. :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Lorric

CRF! CRF! CRF!

Yes! CRF! CRF! CRF! :)

I've no idea what is required RP wise. :nervous:

Well I very much doubt anything will actually be required of you or anyone else regarding RP. It was totally optional last time.

You can see what we got up to with RP last time and see if it would appeal to you if you like though in the RP thread:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85262.0
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:36:52 am by Lorric »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I feel like teh worse, for leaving this be for so long. I have, however, regained that drive that I spoke of and have the beginning of the strategic map to show.

So I guess the roadmap is:
Finish the map (it's quite a bit of effort, so it'll take me a while to do it).
Once that is done, I'll write up the rules thread and open up the sign up. I'll let the sign up run for a bit, give enough people time to sign up if they want.
Estimated time, an optimistic week or two.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Really going all-out detail-wise! I approve. :cool:

Take as long as you need, but I'll be ready when signups go up!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Really going all-out detail-wise! I approve. :cool:

Take as long as you need, but I'll be ready when signups go up!

The notion is seconded, does the notion carry?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
[Hype Intensifies]
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Enioch

Estimated time, an optimistic week or two.

an optimistic week or two.

WTF, I thought this was months if not a year away. Hype hype hype.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I have completed the map

(Without all the garrison fleets that is, so it's almost completed.)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Oooh, that's looking very cool :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It makes me wish to put board game pieces on that ... Well done
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Enioch

Hng.

Delest is screwed. Oh well, I love a challenge.

I can immediately tell where 60% of the fighting will take place.

Offline Lorric

Looks like the CRF will be first in line to meet the Hierarchy going by that entry point at the bottom. I think those were the systems, those neutral ones, that we were in in the new WoD as well...

Delest is screwed.
Why do you say that?

Offline Veers

Perhaps, but Tamy could also be linked to Cyrvan systems, or others as well. We'll just wait and see. And perhaps because the Delest don't have any real way to expand or travel?, SF can travel through UGR (likely based on relations), B can travel south, Delest less so due to political alignments and lack of node access to Tamy.  ?

But the map looks fantastic Spoon! Can't wait to have this in action (and same with 0rph3u5, I think that we you should boardgame this up and sell for mighty profits!!!

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Enioch

Delest is screwed.
Why do you say that?

Because look at their expansion options:

Based on ONLY the information we have available from the map, the Delest start as Joe Average in funds and resources (med- to low starting capital and low-ish income), but with a considerable political and diplomatic penalty. Expansion appears to be the only option for them, if they are to compete with the other factions.

Let's see what expansion options they have, shall we?

Fortune is tasty, but literally every faction has a starlance leading to it. It's going to be hotly contested, and I doubt anyone will get to mine the system for too long.

Virgo is 'secure' but it only appears to offer +100/+700 if fully colonised. I don't know what the colonisation rules are like, but it is a questionable investment.

Furthermore, the Delest are completely isolated from the front lines; assuming the Cyrvans / Hierarchy come from Orion (and no sneaky starlances open up elsewhere), the Delest fleets will have to negotiate passage through at least 5 systems to reach Tamy and they will have to cross other nations' sovereign territory. Given the diplomatic penalty the Delest start with, that might be a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying 'Delest weak, Spoon fix!'. For one thing, we don't know the rules yet; and we also don't know what surprises our GM is going to be throwing our way. Furthermore, we have no idea what starting fleets each faction will have, or other factors. What I am saying is that Delest appear to start from an inherently inferior geopolitical position. How this will affect the game is yet to be seen.

Offline Veers

I did just notice,

1. Britannia - Auriga. The jump point from the Auriga System that leads to the Serpens System, is actually maked as the Authuria system.
2. Britannia - Serpens. The jump point from Serpens to Virgo & Fortune is only marked as Virgo (text saving possibly?)
3. Neutral - Draco. The jump point from Draco to Algol is marked as the Tamy starlance.

I can't see anything else, didn't notice any spelling mistakes but I wasn't looking for them. I'm not that detailed right now, :(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:04:51 am by Veers »

WoD - I like Crystal. <3