Author Topic: FSFC 3.3 gameplay videos  (Read 7050 times)

Offline tempest6677

FSFC 3.3 gameplay videos
Here is a collection of a few games played last week between two of our testers.

http://youtu.be/oRpfWEtHRvE?list=UUSkry8wWVqfX7huvpTaoq5Q

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: FSFC 3.3 gameplay videos
When I get some HW2 copy, I can't wait to play this :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Want, Want, Want Want... WantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWantWa nt!

Offline crizza

Will this work with the remastered version?

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Great mod,had so much good time playing it.My only ,,problem'' is that Orion has more SGreen's than BGreen's,and if i remember correctly it should has 3x small (slashers) and 3x big beams.It makes Hecate a bit stronger Vs. capitals what they shouldn't be.
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline tempest6677

Great mod,had so much good time playing it.My only ,,problem'' is that Orion has more SGreen's than BGreen's,and if i remember correctly it should has 3x small (slashers) and 3x big beams.It makes Hecate a bit stronger Vs. capitals what they shouldn't be.
Actually, the Orion has the proper number of beams. On her port side, she has two slashing beams and a big beam, while she has one slashing beam and a bgreen on her starboard side. Her chin turret provides the final big beam, for the proper number of beams. If you're looking just at the icons, keep in mind the BGreens on the hull have the same icon as the slashing beams, so you have to make sure to click on them to check what they are.

Will this work with the remastered version?
Gearbox is releasing a cleaned up version of Homeworld 2 as well as Homeworld 2 remastered. Hopefully, FSFC will work just fine with the cleaned up Homeworld 2, but I am not hopeful that I will simply be able to copy & paste into the remastered version. However, I plan to enhance the mod for the remastered version and put in the few things that missed the boat in V3 (like shields). I won't know exactly how much that entails until the remastered version is released and I can get my hands on it. I may need some assistance to provide a 2015 release for the remastered version, but we'll see.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
This is what i was thinking of (ignore the missing icons,i don't care about that.
As for the second pic,i posted it cause it looks gorgeous.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline tempest6677

Wardog,
You're not playing the current version of the game. You'll be pleasantly surprised when you try version 3.3.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/freespace-fleet-command-v3

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:53:11 am by tempest6677 »

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Well then if there is a newer version (with Iceni).........2 hours long downloading,go!

One more question while it finishes,how do those names on the ships work?

Offline tempest6677

The Hecate and Orion have era-appropriate random nameplates. The names are pulled from the FS1/2 campaigns and several user-made campaigns. The next version will hopefully include nameplates for all the Terran vessels, but this is dependent on certain ways the engine is designed changing.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
The Hecate and Orion have era-appropriate random nameplates. The names are pulled from the FS1/2 campaigns and several user-made campaigns. The next version will hopefully include nameplates for all the Terran vessels, but this is dependent on certain ways the engine is designed changing.

So Galatea,Bastion and Carthage can be controlled?
Finally,i always kinda gave them names.
Download is finished,now i'm thinking what to delete so mod can fit.
And what are does numbers on the orion icon for?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 12:56:54 pm by wardog300k »

Offline tempest6677

The Amadeus, Bastion, Carthage, Delacroix, Eisenhower, Galatea, Goliath, Intrepid, Messana, Minnow, Myrmidon, Nereid, Orion, and Soyakaze are all controllable, though many are only in FS1 and FS2.

The letters over the capital ship icons denote where their subsystems can be found. This is very useful when launching stilettos to take out enemy fighterbay or comms.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Well,i didnt get Galatea,but GTD Amadru is good enough.

Now things about new version.
1.i still have missing icons
2.are those alastors (during Great War) friendly?
3.why is my FPS improved
4.why am i attacking Demon with Athena's
5.what are all these upgrades?

Conclusion:its AWESOME!

Offline tempest6677

1.i still have missing icons

I'm not sure what's causing that. If you are running an AMD graphics card, try updating your .dll file. The link is on the moddb page.

2.are those alastors (during Great War) friendly?

The cargo depots on random maps may randomly have guardian sentry guns. These sentry guns do not care about the game era and may spawn independently of it.

3.why is my FPS improved

No idea.

4.why am i attacking Demon with Athena's

I wouldn't use Athenas for that, but they can take out subsystems decently.

5.what are all these upgrades?

There are a ton of upgrades. Many fighters and bombers can get a special missile or laser to use after being upgraded, as well as upgrades for Sprint Drives, the ability to go into dangerous nebula, and to allow laser turrets to shoot down bombs.

Conclusion:its AWESOME!

Thank you! We have worked REALLY hard to get the game to where it is today. There will be a final update for v3 when Remastered is released, so stay tuned for that!

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
No,i am using one of those Intel's integrated sh*t.
And on the WarLords mod all icons work perfectly fine.

Also i think bombs should be a bit more powerful,it took ages to destroy a Demon with harbingers.
While on the other hand Orion's heavy turrets destroyed it quite quickly.

Offline tempest6677

Wardog, you can check the damage values for the Harbinger and Orion heavy turrets by clicking on them- Harbingers don't do as much damage as Helios bombs (FS2 bombs are stronger). This matches the fs1/fs2 table files.

If you're using integrated graphics, you may not have enough VRAM to run the game properly. FSFC is one of the most graphically intensive HW2 mods there is. We have had issues before where testers couldn't play on older machines.

Offline Luis Dias

tempest, given you are active on this thread, and I'm sorry for going off topic, but could you please answer Hades question (and The_E's) in this thread here regarding your models in shapeways.com? It would be nice to have a clarification from you.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=89075.msg1775810#msg1775810