Author Topic: FractalSpace - Nyctaeus' Nebulae Emporium [WiPs'n'Releases]  (Read 5133 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
FractalSpace - Nyctaeus' Nebulae Emporium [WiPs'n'Releases]
No. Not new starship today but I hope you guys find this thing cool too :D

I made these for indie game project I recently started with small team and later I realised that those may find usage here. The goal was to recreate watsisname's techniques to make highly detailed nebulae with Apophysis fractal generator. I like classic skybox generators like SpaceScape, but I wanted something more detailed, unique and not that blurry. Also I wanted the best possible quality.

All of them are 4096x2048, but ultra hi-res 8192x4096 is provided. Rules are simple as always: You may use them in your campaigns and missions as long, as you credit me. Usage in anything other than FS project is forbidden.

3D View [thanks to Ngld]: https://dev.tproxy.de/fs2/fractalSpace/

Download:
-PACK 1-
Argus, Bhogavati, Kepler, Teegarden, Xiahou Lau
-PACK 2-
La Manche, Tallahassee, Ysalamira, Fornax, Gamma Volantis

Argus:

Bhogavati:

Kepler:

Teegarden:

Xiahou Lau:

La:Manche:

Tallahassee:

Ysalamira:
to be added

Gamma Volantis:
to be added

Fornax:
to be added

More of them may come, including dark and mysterious ones perfect for exploration of unknown realms of space or full nebula backgrounds. All depends on your interestment... Or lack of it :P.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:20:42 am by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: [RELEASE] FractalSpace Skydome Pack
Neat!

Downloading ... I might already have a use for the 3rd and 5th one :D
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

These are beautiful! Since I'm thinking of a new campaign, these may come in handy.  :yes:

They are great!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[WiP] Gamma Volantis :)

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: FractalSpace - Nyctaeus' Nebulae Emporium [WiPs'n'Releases]
La Manche - my try to recreate feeling from first FS game, and Tallahassee - might work as Vasuda :]
[moved to first post]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:11:01 am by Nyctaeus »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[moved to first post]
Pack 2 is almost ready :]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:12:13 am by Nyctaeus »

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
These look great! :D

I've put together a 3D preview for fun: https://dev.tproxy.de/fs2/fractalSpace/
Though if you don't like it, I can take it offline.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
These look great! :D

I've put together a 3D preview for fun: https://dev.tproxy.de/fs2/fractalSpace/
Though if you don't like it, I can take it offline.
Oh no, I absolutly appreciate it :P! Now this is reposted to first post. I wanted to put this myself on my p3d account, but image size limitations are pain in the ass. You can take off lower resolution versions, as they are not needed. I would be thankful if you put second pack when it's done :D.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Glad to hear that you like it. :)
I've taken the lower resolutions down and will upload the second pack once you publish it.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
FractalSpace v2 RELEASED!
...and finally second pack is released! Just in time to be included in upcoming Newsletter :D

Some more darker colors. I have two more almost ready, but I have to fix stretching on "poles" I haven't noticed in Photoshop. Second pack include Tallahassee and La Manche shown on screenshots, Fornax and Ysalamira from preview and reworked Gamma Volantis that I found too sharp and noisy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:33:51 am by Nyctaeus »

How do you make these?! These are some of the most spectacular skyboxes I have ever seen!

More specifically, I am interested in the software and procedure you use to do this. Is it a semi-random thing? I need to make a skybox for a mission that occurs just above the event horizon of a blackhole, orbiting very close to the speed of light.

Alternatively, do you take requests for skyboxes?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:48:58 am by Erebus Alpha »
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Apophysis + Photoshop. I render 8-12 fractals with my settings, than assemble them in Photoshop. Than, lighten and darken some sections to make more unique shapes, and use polar coordinates to fix up stretching on poles. Offset tool is also your friend here. One skybox takes me something like 20 minutes due to well established workflow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vvY3n1to94&list=PLZmWyz8Xsa9rbSRZoHUfnXqKo-1nyOJno - I basicly recreated and modiffied Watsisname's techiques, but this guy made a tutorial to describe similar method. Go ahead, it's pretty easy :)

If you need me to do this, well... PM me details like colors etc. I may figure out something during one of breaks from serious stuff.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:27:32 am by Nyctaeus »