Author Topic: Washington Uni School of Medicine finds Genetic link to Autism like symptoms  (Read 960 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Washington Uni School of Medicine finds Genetic link to Autism like symptoms
Hey, long time not post in seriousness.  I remember that Autism is a point of interest to a few here so I figured I would share this.

So rodent studies found that removing Gene RNF8 from neurons in the cerebellum of young mice..  The researchers found that neurons that lacked the RNF8 protein formed about 50 percent more synapses.  They walked normally and appeared coordinated. When the researchers tested their ability to learn motor skills, however, the mice without RNF8 failed miserably.  The cerebellum is also important in higher cognitive functions such as language and attention, both of which are affected in autism.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/in-autism-too-many-brain-connections-may-be-at-root-of-condition/
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Re: Washington Uni School of Medicine finds Genetic link to Autism like symptoms
It's weird reading any article about autism and going "Hey, this sounds familiar!"

I mean I know it's because I have autism and I do have significant issues with learning motor skills myself but still! It sounds cool, but like the article says the research is still in a hypothesis stage.