Author Topic: Targeting Problem  (Read 1413 times)

Hello,

I am playing homesick and the game keeps having targeting problems.  When the bad guys show up the targeting redicle points 180 degrees in the opposite direction as the actual ship.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  It is annoying having to manually aim at the bad guys without the leader. 

Also here is my log file.   

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think this problem has been fixed.  Could you please try a recent nightly build and see if that fixes the problem?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I am also having this problem and also would like to know if (how) this problem was fixed as I am having problems even with using the latest build (3.8.0)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
My terse response isn't helping my memory at all... but from context I'd say there was a code bug fixed around that time. If you're getting the same sounding issue in 3.8.0 it's probably a different bug, please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I actually found out what was causing the problem - It turns out my resolution was too high as I was trying to run it at 3840 x 2160, however disabling my second monitor, disabling display scaling and switching my resolution both on the desktop and for the game to run at 2560 x 1440 works just fine.