Author Topic: OSX user needs install help!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
OSX user needs install help!
I am relatively certain I have installed everything correctly and copied everything correctly.  Data is now all in a folder in Applications called "Freespace 2."  FSOinstaller worked without errors.  I unpacked wxlauncher.  Run it.  wxLauncher finds /Applications/Freespace2/FS2 Open 3.7.4 without trouble.  Audio detects Built in Audio.  Joystick detects no joysticks, which is fine, because I have none.

Click Play.  Status bar at bottom of screen: "FS2 Open exited with a status of 255."

Advanced settings tab:

"The executable did not generate a flag file.

Make sure that the executable is an FS2 Open Executable."

Thoughts?

Is this a 32/64 bit issue? Is this a wxlauncher issue?

I've asked him to just click on the 3.7.4 app and see what happens.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: OSX user needs install help!
That sounds like the executable isn't correct, can they confirm they downloaded the OSX executable with the installer and not the Windows/Linux/FreeBSD executables?

Otherwise, hoping an OSX expert can comment on the thread.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: OSX user needs install help!
What version of OS X are they using? I think that with post-3.7.2 the minimum is Lion (10.7) if not Mountain Lion (10.8).