Author Topic: SEXP right click menu hang or not responding  (Read 1353 times)

SEXP right click menu hang or not responding
I've experienced some sort of lag in the sexp menus of the ship- and event editors. When right-clicking on the name, operator or argument, the editor needs about 10 seconds until i get the menu tree.
In some cases i got "no response" and no menu. But the editor isn't crashing entirely. I've tried out the retail fred2.exe and fred2_open_3_7_1_20141223_r11204.exe + mediavps_2014.
Computer: win7, i5-2500 k @ 3.3 ghz, 8 gb ram.
Does some know a solution to bring back an instant reaction of the right click menu?
Things i've done:
- Set priority to realtime in the taskmanager: nothing
- Set affinity to one cpu (cpu 0) in the taskmanager: total editor crash

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: SEXP right click menu hang or not responding
Do you only get this with your mission? Or is it something that happens with even an empty mission + 1 event? Does this only happen when you are running a mod or does it happen with only retail FS2?

I'm not seeing this behaviour myself so I don't know if it's just something you're getting or if my PC is just fast enough to avoid it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Re: SEXP right click menu hang or not responding
Retail fred2.exe and fred2_open_3_7_1_20141223_r11204, both the same. A new mission + 1 event and the menu is hanging 10 sec.
I placed 23 GTD Orion in the retail fred2-mission and the Editor crashed. In the fred2_open..., i placed 150 GTD Orion and i could place more.