Author Topic: Hello everyone i am new here and i just have a urgent question  (Read 11089 times)

Offline danu68

Hello everyone i am new here and i just have a urgent question
Hello I am new here on this forum and I was trying to find an install SILENT THREAT: REBORN,and BLUE PLANET: WAR IN HEAVEN i read those pages but is so complicated for me all those technical names for me is impossible to install those 2 games.But i have Freespace 2  installed on my computer.Please can someone help me with step by step instructions of how to install those 2 games?  Thanks

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Hello everyone i am new here and i just have a urgent question
Have you following the manual install guide for your OS? They're linked on the top nav bar under "Installing FreeSpace Open".

If you're on Windows, BP:WiH shouldn't be hard to install if you use its Complete Installer.  Unfortunately for nearly everything else, it's manual steps all the way.  The current "FSO Installer" in broken and the replacement hasn't been finished yet.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
For War in Heaven just download the complete installer, run it, and use the launcher to select blueplanet2 as your mod.

Offline danu68

Hello everione my hair is beccoming white in trying this please help
Hello everyone my hair is becoming white from so many times trying to add the other extras to freespace 2. I am trying to add Silent threat/Reborn,The Blue planet,and Pandora's box.I tried the Turrey's Freespace automatic installer but all i get is 30-40 only text files. in 2 seconds.Is ridiculous and nerve wrecking.I manually downloaded the Blue Planet: and is installing to freespace directory as a folder named freespace2 but when i start the game is not working as i do not see the blue planet in the campaign room.I live upstate NY,does anyone live close by here in Plattsburgh? I would stop to your place if someone can show me step by step how to do this.In in unstalling games i never saw anything so hard in my life.Why they made it so hard? Can aomeone tell me step by step how to do this?Thanks everyone for answering me

Offline danu68

What do i click in the Launcher to select Blue Planet? There are several buttons.Thanks

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Go to 'mod', select blueplanet or blueplanet2 folder.

Make sure you have the Blue Planet executable that came with the Blue Planet installer. Stick it in your main FreeSpace 2 folder if it's not there already, make sure you have it selected as the executable in your launcher.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Please stay calm and follow this guide: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=78710.0

Do note that we cannot teach you the basic computer handling skills you will have to have in order to follow that guide. Unfortunately, the online installer does not work at the moment; so doing it the manual way is the only way right now.

What do i click in the Launcher to select Blue Planet? There are several buttons.Thanks

Go to the "MOD" tab. Click on "Select Mod". Select the blueplanet or blueplanet2 directory. Then click on the "Browse" button, and select the fs2_open_3_6_17_BP executable. Then click on the "Video" and select your preferred resolution. Do take care to set the color depth to 32 bits. Then go to the "Features" tab, and select the following:
With "List Type" set to "Graphics":
Enable post processing
Enable soft particles
Enable FXAA antialiasing

With "List Type" set to "Gameplay":
Use 3D models for ship selection
Use 3D models for weapon selection
Enable 3D warp

Then start FSO by pressing the "Run" button. If you've followed the install instructions correctly, BP should now be the active mod. For other mods, use the "MOD" tab.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline danu68

Hello and thanks a lot everyone for trying to help me. I did everything what you told me   but everitime i try to run the game from the launcher it gives me a error box which says:  FreeSpace 2 Open - Antipodes has stopped working,and i have the option to check online for a solution or close the program. This is hard on me .I hope they will get that online installer running again.I did everything you told me in the launcher.One more thing: Maby i did something wrong because i added all the files from the blue planet installer mixed with those of the game in the FS directory?? Thanks again and sorry i repeated my first thread in other locations here.Just tell me when i install the blue planet complete where i install exactly? Is that in the FS directory?

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Wait, did you put the Blueplanet folders or the individual files in the FS directory?
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
danu86: Please read and follow this guide. Post the log file here.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline danu68

Hello and thanks once again for trying to help me.when i install the Blue Planet I install to FS2 Directory but then is there as a different folder named AGAIN FREESPACE 2 and it contains blue planet and blue planet 2.Should i mix the contains of these 2 folders with all the rest of fs2 files or leave them separately? I used the launcher it shows a small picture of a planet when i select blue planet 1 but when i try to run it it crashes.Can anyone please tell me when the automatic installer will be fixed? I tries a few minutes ago and still puts a 20-40 only text files in the fs2 directory.Nothing else.Is really a big pain with this ...Would be nice if someone would make a movie clip filming the screen of the computer of how this is done.Thank you much Sirs.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The directory structure should be FreeSpace2/blueplanet and FreeSpace2/blueplanet2, not FreeSpace2/FreeSpace2/blueplanet.

The auto installer won't be fixed for a while.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Would be nice if someone would make a movie clip filming the screen of the computer of how this is done.Thank you much Sirs.

Video guide for installing Freespace Open is actually a pretty good idea.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline danu68

Hello again.Anyone have a clue when the AUTO INSTALLER will be fixed?  Thanks

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hello again.Anyone have a clue when the AUTO INSTALLER will be fixed?  Thanks

Not for a while, they're making a new one.