Author Topic: Hey so.  (Read 1603 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I've been locked out of GenDisc for...a very long time.

I think I've been generally good during that time, or at least not yelled at very much.

I'll accept having posts moderated before they're posted. I'll take a personal posting coach like Lorric got. Whatever the Shadowy Cabal of Moderation and Administration Figures want for conditions on my entry, I'll be happy to meet them somewhere considerably further than halfway.

But can I get back in, please?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Put him back in, coach, he may be ornery but at least he adds substance.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
NGTM-1R, do you happen to remember who it was that put you in the Political Prisoners group?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
No. As I said it's been a long time, and aside from holding a grudge that information would have had no real value to me. (And holding a grudge accomplishes...pretty much nothing, really.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Looking back at the relevant internal threads, I am firmly in favour of lifting the posting restrictions.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Me too, but I am of the opinion that the person to impose a penalty should generally be the one to lift it -- or should at least have the opportunity to interject with his position.

Though if NGTM-1R doesn't know, and that person doesn't speak up in the next couple of days, then I'll go ahead and do it myself.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
That would be Kara, if I remember correctly, nearly two years ago.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm pretty sure it was me who actually enacted the ban, and I was actually going to suggest letting him out earlier this week but it always slipped my mind whenever I logged on. NGTM-1R's timing is pretty good (although if my memory was better we'd have avoided this entire thread). I don't think there's any need for any special moderation, etc.

I've reversed the ban.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

As a casual observer who wasn't around when NG1TMR got the GenDisc ban, I will say that I am happy with the ban being revoked.

This is actually a long about way of complimenting him directly on his good posts in GenDisc, but I didn't want to PM him as that seemed rather awkward.