Author Topic: resolution  (Read 1438 times)

Offline leoben

Does FSO have a command line for setting the resolution manually? For some reason, no matter what resolution I set in wxlauncher, it massively overscans the game. Whether it's in FS, FS windowed or windowed mode, it always overscans. I wonder if setting the resolution through command line would help?

I'm running a Radeon R9 295X2 (mGPU) on a 4K MST monitor. Halp!

Offline leoben

When I set it to run in windowed mode, the window is always of a larger resolution than the one specified in the launcher. If I set 3840x2160 (standard native 4K) in windowed mode, the window doesn't fit on the screen, so it's either rendering at a higher resolution, or zooming in and increasing the window size.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
yep, you can use: -res 1920x1080 (replace with your desired resolution).  Or if its a DPI issue you're probably out of luck and will need to change back to 96DPI in order for everything to work correctly.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:37:24 pm by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline leoben

**** - it was the dpi setting. Forgot about that.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Interesting, I just had this very same problem today, out of the blue. I fixed it by using -res flag

However, for future reference, what's this DPI thing, and how can I change it?
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.