Author Topic: $Closeup_pos: / $Closeup_pos: ?  (Read 1787 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
$Closeup_pos: / $Closeup_pos: ?
Um.... what do these actually mean?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to get a decent view setup for a smaller-than-average model, y'see.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
ERm..that's hte distance in meters from the center axis of your model at which the ccammera will be placed when you look at it in the tech room..

I think...

Anyway you need to fiddle wit hthe zoom factor too.. I nkow I had problems with that myself
advice - keep hte factro between 0.4 and 0.8
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Trashman's somewhat correct, but the zoom should probably be left at 0.5.  Also, it's a vector, not a distance, so you have the oppertunity to designate how much above the ship you're viewing it as well as how far out you start.  This sort of thing is exactly what the lab was good for when you could edit the values there; if you can edit closeup position then you can tinker with it until you get it where you want it.  I'd suggest trying about 125% of max_radius for the z offset to start with and maybe 25% of max_radius for y.  Adjust accordingly.

Of course, if you want to make the in-game external view distance more reasonable, that's a different animal.  But I won't go there unless that's actually what you're wanting to tweak.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm trying to get a decent external view zoom, without buggering up the auto-generated icons, weapon placement etc in the loadout.  Albeit I actually managed to type gibberish as the thread title (:o), so kudos for deciphering what I was on about.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Figured that was it.  I'm going to follow this up in PMs, as I'm under the assumption that what you're working on something... private.  From the way I'm interpreting this, it's a max_radius issue and so is a POF converter issue (again).
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM