Author Topic: So I need, like, half a ship.  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
So I need, like, half a ship.
So, I'm doing a soopah sekret project that I have been extremely good and diligent about keeping under wraps and definitely haven't been talking about over IRC for months now. Some of you may have noticed the subtle signs. Anyway, for that super secret projects I need, well, several new ships, but the vast majority of them I can build myself, or do without (although if someone knows of a decent small Vasudan cruiser I'm all ears).

Anyway, there is one vessel that I do need, and I have quite a specific design for it. It needs to be smallish (total length around 300-400m at most), but with a decent chunk of that length taken up by engines on a spar (think Aeolus) and a small rear fighterbay. Ideally, it should take design cues from the Fenris.

Easy right? With that level of detail, it should be. But for whatever reason, this bloody ship has broken my modelling brain. I've started it no leas than for separate times, and failed each time. I just can't get anything that looks even half decent. I've decided I need to reach out a bit.

What I'm looking for isn't someone to make me the ship - I know my odds there are pretty poor. Instead, I'm hoping that someone maybe has something I can chop up and use? Basically, I'm looking for vaguely Fenris looking geometry that I can chop the existing engines off and make my changes to. It doesn't need to be UVes, textured, LoDded, anything like that. All that I can handle. It's just I cant get the design right - this is a creative hurdle, not a technical one.

So, if anyone had anything suitable sitting around in a modeldump, or in a WiP folder somewhere, I'd really appreciate the chance to rip chunks off it and completely redirect your original artistic vision. ;)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: So I need, like, half a ship.
I will have to dig about in my old files but would this help with the Vas cruiser? http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84319.msg1719630#msg1719630 looking at the P3D the engine geometry could use some developing as well as a few fixes to the surround which I would be happy to do if I can find it.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Fightermedic: From those two, I've always liked the Bellerophon, but I was hoping for something modern, higher poly.
Headdie: That one maybe looks a bit too late era for what I want to do, and TBH, if I'm going ot have to texture something anyway, I already have my eye on a pretty perfect untextured Vasudan ship - I was mostly hoping there might be a finished or near finished model I could snag (but it's definitely lower priority than the Terran vessel).

Thanks for the suggestions though. :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Need a Fenris with a fighterbay?
Contact Col.Hornet :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.