Author Topic: New Warp Effect - Transwarp Conduit  (Read 3275 times)

New Warp Effect - Transwarp Conduit
I have created a new warp effect called a transwarp conduit for the Alpha Quadrant project v2.01.
Check out some screenshots at: http://www.geocities.com/gtva3000/transwarp.htm

I am also going to create squad logos for each of the Star Trek races. Check out all the latest news and screenshots of the Alpha Quadrant project v2.01 at: http://www.geocities.com/gtva3000  

[This message has been edited by 'Captain' Nick Brown (edited 07-27-2001).]
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
You can't access the pages...

(ED: smartassery about something just fixed...)

[This message has been edited by Stryke 9 (edited 07-27-2001).]

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I can.
That looks neat, but is tehre a way to have a more elaborate ani?
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by venom2506:
I can.
That looks neat, but is tehre a way to have a more elaborate ani?

Thanks. How do you mean?
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
I think he means more fps. Looks nice. Kinda a vortex jump node. What's the fic about it?

Offline Nico

• Venom
well, I mean, more than just the frame rotating on itself, maybe a morphing between each frames?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I think if it rotated faster, and acted like it was unstable, it's be hella cool... How you'd make it unstable is up to you...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Originally posted by Stryke 9:
What's the fic about it?

This is taken directly from the Borg Section on StarTrek.com:

Transwarp Conduit

A subspace "tunnel" where normal limitations to warp speed don't apply. A ship entering a conduit is immediately accelerated to an extremely high warp velocity, like falling into a fast-moving river and getting swept away by the current. Vessels can achieve effective velocities at least 20 times greater than the maximum speed of a Galaxy-class starship. Transwarp conduits are activated by an encoded high-energy tachyon pulse, and they emit tri-quantum waves and subspace distortions with field magnitudes measuring 2.9 teracochranes and greater. The Borg had an entire network of thousands of intersecting conduits which were accessed through six Transwarp Hubs, with endpoints in all four quadrants of the galaxy. But the Borg also established many transwarp conduits independent of a Hub.

Transwarp Hub

A massive, complex structure through which vessels can access a network of thousands of intersecting transwarp conduits with endpoints (exit apertures) in all four quadrants. It allows the Collective to deploy vessels almost anywhere in the galaxy within minutes. Of all the Borg's tactical advantages, the Transwarp Hub could be the most significant. The Hub's structure is supported by a series of interspatial manifolds, the shielding for which is regulated from the Central Nexus by the Queen herself. The Borg have six Transwarp Hubs in the galaxy, and the U.S.S. Voyager encountered one of them within a nebula in Grid 986. In a plan to get home to the Alpha Quadrant while dealing a fatal blow to the Borg at the same time, Voyager entered the Hub at Aperture 823, accessing Transwarp Corridor 09. Then using a combination of transphasic torpedoes and a neurolytic pathogen introduced into the Collective by Admiral Janeway, Voyager destroyed that Transwarp Hub and obliterated its conduit network.

The fic about it in the AQp2 will also be explained more acurately when it is released.
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
So who's going to make a Transwarp Hub?  

You could probably do it, although you'll probably need to do a modular design, Karnak or Polaris style...

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline Nico

• Venom

Originally posted by 'Captain' Nick Brown:
Transwarp conduits are activated by an encoded high-energy tachyon pulse, and they emit tri-quantum waves and subspace distortions with field magnitudes measuring 2.9 teracochranes and greater

Yeah, that makes sense  
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by Sushi:
So who's going to make a Transwarp Hub?  

You could probably do it, although you'll probably need to do a modular design, Karnak or Polaris style...

Since most of the AQp is all about reskinning, then I'll probably use the JumpGate (Knossos) as a Transwarp Hub... That is, of course, if I decide to include a Transwarp Hub, which I probably won't.
--
'Captain' Nick Brown