Author Topic: Issues with Blue Planet mod  (Read 848 times)

Issues with Blue Planet mod
Hey all,

Trying to get the Blue Planet mod to function on ubuntu 14.04 with fs2 open 3.7.3 but errors out on start up with:
ERROR: "The following species are missing icon info in icons.tbl: UEF" at mission/missionbriefcommon.cpp:343

Most other mods seem to work fine.

fs2 open log attached.

Thanks,
Pat

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Issues with Blue Planet mod
OK, try to keep all the VPs in one place. You've got them spread over /home/daddy/.fs2_open & /home/daddy/src/freespace2/code, and due to the 1st having precedence over the 2nd you might get some odd behaviour, like VPs in /home/daddy/.fs2_open/MediaVPs_2014 over-riding those in /home/daddy/src/freespace2/code/blueplanet/, which you really don't want! So pick one of the two locations, and merge all the files into that location. Once you've gone that, if you're still having issues please post another log.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Worked like a charm......thank you!!!

Somehow this seems familiar, like maybe you warned me about  this already......

Thanks again,
Pat

Offline Echelon9

Great to see it working for you on Linux, with the NVIDIA proprietary drivers.

I'm spending some time ensuring fs2open works on Linux, with the open source Mesa driver for Intel.