Author Topic: Cant Get MCO to start  (Read 2466 times)

Hey guys, just downloaded today and all i get is the activity wheel and then nothing, no black screen or any error messages.

Running it on an ASUS

Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50 GHz

Intel (R) HD Graphics Family Driver

Offline magic

Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (x86) redistributable
link (not sure if its still there):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84

If not use google or microsfot search.

There could be a problem with intel graphic card.

Offline Coralon

I have been trying to run both the game and editor on my laptop with similar specs and it is very flaky. Both run great on my PC (intel Q9400 and nvidia GTX570).

If you are using a display port replicator (docking station) then it will break everything.

Offline Zharkov

Re: Cant Get MCO to start
Same problem here: When I want to start the game, a window is opened (strangely called MechCommanderOmnitech/303) and closed. That's it. C++ is installed. What am I missing?!

Offline Rebaule

I too am getting the same problem can't even run MechCommander 2 retail because of the same problem. Open's up a black box says MechCommanderOmnitech/303 at the top and then just closes, same with Mechcommander2. I am running on a 4670k with a 780ti at 1920x1080p. I Also have C++ 2010 x86 install and updated.

Offline Zharkov

Well, I got MCO to run on my WinXP laptop, but not on my Win7 one. I reinstalled c++, tried different screen resolutions - no way, problem persists!

When trying to start the game a window "MechCommanderOmnitech/303" is opended, and closed. No error message or anything...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:03:24 am by Zharkov »