Author Topic: The gaming gods have answered my prayers!!!!  (Read 2187 times)

The gaming gods have answered my prayers!!!!
My older brother bought both freespace games when they came out when I was only 9-10. I played it fanatically while my brother was still around, after he left the house, I bought a copy when I was in my teens and had since forgotten about it after growing up myself and responsibilities and whatnot.

Enough life story, I just recently stumbled on this site after doing some reminiscing a couple of weeks ago.  I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who has worked on breathing new life into one of my most favorite games from this golden age era of gaming! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to get this running again especially with all the new modelling and campaigns.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: The gaming gods have answered my prayers!!!!
You are in for some treat my friend  :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter

As long as the installation instructions don't scare you, that is...
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
He'll be fineee. It's just at the start. And besides we're around here to help.
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

As long as the installation instructions don't scare you, that is...

fsoinstaller.com

So, I built a new computer with the help of a tax refund and a buddy of mine and got descent freespace, just to get warmed up, and next week I'll be getting FS2 and download FS2 open. So unbelievably excited. Also is it true that multiplayer is still online? Pretty sure I'll answer my own question with some digging around but still...

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
My older brother bought both freespace games when they came out when I was only 9-10. I played it fanatically while my brother was still around, after he left the house, I bought a copy when I was in my teens and had since forgotten about it after growing up myself and responsibilities and whatnot.

Enough life story, I just recently stumbled on this site after doing some reminiscing a couple of weeks ago.  I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who has worked on breathing new life into one of my most favorite games from this golden age era of gaming! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to get this running again especially with all the new modelling and campaigns.

I thought along similar lines when I found out about HLP. I still own the original game freespace2 on 3 CDs. Modern computers cause a graphical error that prevents freespace2 from being able to run. Something about 3D acceleration I forgot exactly what. So without HLP, I wouldn't be able to play. Then there's the added bonus of the awesome graphical updates that rival what's out there now. Not to mention hours upon hours of fan made campaigns, volunteer tech support/advice, multiplayer, and a forum to share experiences. HLP and the community quite literally keeps this game alive.

So take that trip down the nostalgia pipe. Many of us did, and continue to do, the same thing.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.