Author Topic: Outstanding Bloggery  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
In between trying to get things sorted out in my personal affairs, I went on a minor Star Wars kick recently. And, once again, I considering the story of the original trilogy in contrast to that of the prequil trilogy. I certainly do not crawl through the fiction as some people here do, but I do enjoy reading the short notes about it. In which, one of the most interesting topics has always been what the implied backstory of the OT was originally intended to be... before it ended up being something we probably try to forget...

This groovy blog: http://stealingcommas.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-prequels-as-they-were-described-in.html does a fantastic job of going through many plot elements that were just lost or otherwise spat upon in making the new films. I will admit that there is perhaps some merit to the story content of the prequils, but it it lost through... goodness knows what's bad in too many places to count. And, these meritorious elements are generally always conceptual rather than physical/actual (hopefully that makes sense); the problem again is just bad execution, which makes everything suck. It's quite a shame, and has been apparent to most everybody for years.

Any thoughts - Perhaps we ought to have a retcon thread of our own here?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Dain

This is great, I've had a similar article in my head for a while but this puts it all out much more eloquently.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:39:41 am by Dain »