Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3031966 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Lorric/Retsof get Nuked!
I'm curious about what's so special about her, if you don't mind my asking.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Well... we played volleyball (ish) together in gym, and had French class together... and she was there during <unpleasantness>... and she's pretty. Yeah, not much of a "deep connection", I know.

Offline Lorric

and she was there during <unpleasantness>...
Does that mean she was there for you when something bad happened?

Anyway, thanks.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
No, quite the opposite. The "unpleasantness" was when she and the rest of the volleyball group were... antagonistic. But the important thing is that she was there! (I need a "I'm totally insane" smiley, why is there no such smiley? :mad:)

My (would-be) go-between has reminded me that Facebook is blocked in China, and that is why his responses are sometimes considerably delayed. S-M-R-T.

Offline Lorric

Here you go:

Well, they say you can't choose who you fall in love with, right?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Hey, it's got the googly eyes and everything!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I do think you should consider talking to a professional about this particular issue.  Fixating yourself on a single person like this will only end in tears.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
At least you know you're obsessing
Being self aware is both a good thing and a bad thing
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Here you go:

Well, they say you can't choose who you fall in love with, right?

IM NOT CRAZY!!!!!

I do think you should consider talking to a professional about this particular issue.  Fixating yourself on a single person like this will only end in tears.

my therepist pretty much wants me to stalk all my exes. mental health in murica is a ****ing joke.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:54:55 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Shockingly enough, I think Nuke is actually right in spirit, if not necessarily in the specifics.  Take this with the necessary nugget of salt from one who's had zero lifetime experience with such entanglements, but I feel like that sort of almost obsession-level fixation on a likely-unavailable person is fairly unhealthy in general, and almost never ends well.  Just live your life, meet people, and see what happens.

way i see it, until you are actually in a relationship (and the same goes with getting laid), then you dont know jack. get some experience in so you know what you are getting into, then make decisions about how you want to live the rest of your life. even if that experience is 'titty bar'. have a go at a practice girl or two. try dating just for the hell of it. hire a ****ing hooker if you have to. until you get any experience, you have exactly none.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I do think you should consider talking to a professional about this particular issue.

I'm meeting with my psychiatrist tomorrow :p He's mostly for ADD, but he is a psychiatrist.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Shockingly enough, I think Nuke is actually right in spirit, if not necessarily in the specifics.  Take this with the necessary nugget of salt from one who's had zero lifetime experience with such entanglements, but I feel like that sort of almost obsession-level fixation on a likely-unavailable person is fairly unhealthy in general, and almost never ends well.  Just live your life, meet people, and see what happens.

way i see it, until you are actually in a relationship (and the same goes with getting laid), then you dont know jack. get some experience in so you know what you are getting into, then make decisions about how you want to live the rest of your life. even if that experience is 'titty bar'. have a go at a practice girl or two. try dating just for the hell of it. hire a ****ing hooker if you have to. until you get any experience, you have exactly none.
I'm perfectly open to dating if/when the opportunity presents itself, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do it just for the sake of doing it; that honestly seems like a waste of effort.  Plus I'm able to have surprisingly-interesting conversations with myself.

My probably-dying fossil of a computer ate its own registry again, and joy of joys, this time restoring it apparently made it forget every single Windows update ever, so I've had the privilege of sitting through hours of update/restart/repeat cycles.  I swear these ****ing .NET Framework patches take a solid hour each to install.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
that honestly seems like a waste of effort.

I am of the opinion that anything that doesn't make you happy is a waste of effort
This is probably why I don't do anything
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
it is a waste of effort if you look at my relationship history (not a comprehensive list).

2 no-sex puppy love relationships with girls i met in highschool with a total of 1.5 dates.
4 year purely sexual relationship with brother's fat (now ex) wife, with some on and off again stuff both before and after the main stretch.
3 weeks i spend dating a chubby but cute girl with baggage who ended up being in love with her room mate. she was a good kisser and liked to flash her boobs at parties. no sex though.
2 week relationship with hot girl (who everyone claims is crazy, but was really smart and artistic) whom i had great chemistry with. she left me because she got raped. still most successful relationship to date.
on and off dating of a self proclaimed sex addict who never seemed to want to put out, it just went nowhere.
dated a fat girl from work, went out with her twice, then she moved to washington for college i think.
3 weeks with fat, kinda dumb native alaskan girl who i met on myspace which resulted in a lot of sex and little in common. i would have broke it off if i wasnt getting any.
second major run in with brother's now ex wife whom i almost ended up marrying.
thing i did with black person (whos name i cant remember) i met in stairwell at slummy apartment.

lemmy would have called every one of them a damage case. i now know when to recognize a stringer, and how to recognize when someone is actually interested in me. ive also learned that some of the best relationships come out of ****ing nowhere. i also learned that with even minimal effort, you can get some. experience is good.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:26:16 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
If it can't be mail ordered I'm not interested
"No"

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Got myself a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU; after struggling until 1 AM, internet research says defective motherboard. Yaaay. :/
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Quote from: Nuke

You gotta do what what works :yes: cos if you do nothing.  Nothing happens. But I stress this, don't push against tides. If a girls not interested don't chase it. Never chase. Chasing's what dogs do to sticks and cars.

Stay social with anyone you've been knocked by otherwise you're burning social bridges you've established through effort and time. Time is the one thing you won't get back. Not much of an issue when you're 50+ but young time <30 is like gold dust.

Anyway, if you can't stay socially connected with a girl who's not interested without fawning taking control.  Then in that case you ARE BETTER OFF without them in your social rotation. You rule your actions.  Don't let your actions dictate you.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Facebook no load :(

Edit: Yay, Facebook load! :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:13:56 pm by Aardwolf »

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Facebook no load :(

Edit: Yay, Facebook load! :)

Really have to ask yourself if what you're doing is going to give you some sort of happiness
"No"