Author Topic: FSPort 3.4 Discussion!  (Read 33325 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: FSPort 3.4 Discussion!
i have a lot of problem running in wxlaucher....... any know solution???

That's a little short on detail, can you provide any more information about what is going wrong?  A screenshot would be useful if it's a visual issue.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Here's a question: I see that Operation Templar and Silent Threat each have a multiplayer co-op campaign. I was wondering whether if there is a Freespace 1 co-op main campaign somewhere that I missed while installing everything, and if not, if anyone has plans to make one.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There isn't, and we don't... mostly because of the length of the campaign.  (Even the Silent Threat multiplayer campaign was broken up into four three-mission arcs.)

Offline epmode

I've been trying to download FSPort 3.4 but it looks like the hosting server has been down for at least a day.  I'm posting here just in case you don't already know.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, the servers have been getting hammered ever since the Steam release.  Thanks for the heads-up... hopefully things will calm down in a few days.

Offline Rusty_M

Still unable to get in. Steam must have really boosted the popularity of this. That can only really be a good thing, I suppose.
The world is going mad.  Me? I'm doing fine.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just realizing this.. pretty lame you guys didn't include the HD Cutscenes in your installer files.

And did you ever do whatever fancy pants bageesus you wanted in order to make the upgraded mainhalls work? Let's make all the things complicated, as I recall.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Whoops... we'll have to add the HD cutscenes.  Thanks for catching that.

The upgraded main halls should work with the next version of the Port, which we intend to release in the near future.  We'll incorporate them into the Installer for ease of setup.

Offline Yarn

Goober, weren't you going to add +Substitute Main Hall or something similar? It doesn't look like you've done so yet.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
HD Cutscenes have been added to the Installer, and the +Substitute Main Hall field has been committed to FSO.  Actual editing of the campaign file will need to wait because Penguinness SVN is currently down. :sigh:

:bump:

It's been a while since I visited these forums, but I just got a new computer and figured that I should reinstall Freespace. I am unable to download the Missions, Sparky, and Stu files from the provided links, as I am getting a 404 for each link. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks in advance

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
:bump:

It's been a while since I visited these forums, but I just got a new computer and figured that I should reinstall Freespace. I am unable to download the Missions, Sparky, and Stu files from the provided links, as I am getting a 404 for each link. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks in advance
I don't get 404s from the downloads in the FSPort 3.5 release post.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

When did this happen?! Thanks for the reply, downloading now.