Author Topic: STAR WARS™ - X-Wing Special Edition mod  (Read 3048 times)

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
STAR WARS™ - X-Wing Special Edition mod

I searched and I have not found here anything about this remake.

Looks so nice  :)

STAR WARS™ - X-Wing Special Edition mod

XWVM is a mod to the original Star Wars: X-Wing game from Lucas Arts and Totally Games by Larry Holland and Edward Kilham. Our goal is to rebuild the game engine with newer technologies that allow it to run and make use of the latest hardware and improvements in gaming hardware. The mod will require the player to own and have installation of the original Star Wars: X-Wing game, or have the GOG or Steam versions of X-Wing Special Edition (either the 1993 floppy, the 1994 CD, and/or 1998 Windows edition). XWVM neither contains nor distributes any copyrighted material. All game resource files (missions, voiceovers, SFX, iMUSE automaton, etc) are loaded from the player's copy of the original game, or are original creations of our team, where the original resources are considered inadequate for today's standards.

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-x-wing-special-edition

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Re: STAR WARS™ - X-Wing Special Edition mod
There was a topic opened some time ago.
From what I'm seeing it's coming along nicely, they are mostly trying to get the basic systems (AI behaviour and stuff like that) right, and trying to get rid of all the models they don't have permission to redistribute.
Keep an eye on the topic on GOG.com (it's in the Tie Fighter subforum IIRC) if you want to partecipate in testing it, they periodically recruit testers for this.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip

Yes, the remake is going in good direction....

Keep an eye on the topic on GOG.com (it's in the Tie Fighter subforum IIRC) if you want to partecipate in testing it, they periodically recruit testers for this.

Good to know, thanks.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
yeah, I have been waiting for this for quite some time now :-)  Tie-Figher is still playable but the 320x280 of the X-Wing (DOS Special CD) is simply too low for my tastes.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.