Author Topic: Showdown- problem with the Olemus  (Read 3536 times)

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Showdown- problem with the Olemus
In INFR1, the mission "showdown" seems broken. After it's first beam salvo, the Olemus misses the Diablo with every beam shot. Without effective fire from the Olemus, the mission is impossible, as fire from the Diabolo and wave on wave of Durja bombers eventually destroy both the Olemus and the Independence.

I'm not sure how much can be done to fix this bug, given the age of the campaign, but does anyone know of a way around it/stunt to defeat it/alternate way to beat the mission?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Re: Showdown- problem with the Olemus
????????????????????

what are you even on about

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
????????????????????

what are you even on about

Inferno Release 1. Mission 6. Showdown. The one where the Independence and Olemus fight the Kismat and Diablo.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
but to my knowledge that's old inferno

why on earth would you be playing old inferno  :wtf:

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
but to my knowledge that's old inferno

why on earth would you be playing old inferno  :wtf:

I wanted to pass the time waiting for the new Inferno.

Okay, this isn't getting me anywhere. Is there anyone who actually knows what's up with the bug or how to resolve it, or is INFR1 simply broken for good?

Offline Veers

No, but this does serve as a reminder that I should get around to finding the original inferno and giving it a go.

More likely, I'll sit here and not do so until the new Inferno is out.  :banghead:

Edit: I know it's not the greatest option, but could you pass the mission by cheating?
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
No, but this does serve as a reminder that I should get around to finding the original inferno and giving it a go.

More likely, I'll sit here and not do so until the new Inferno is out.  :banghead:

Edit: I know it's not the greatest option, but could you pass the mission by cheating?

Yes. Just ~k-ing the Diablo a few times will clear the mission.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Well, I passed by cheating. I notice Inferno's cheat-checking is disabled. Oh well.