Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 452756 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]
The high-resolution cutscenes, or more specifically the recreated cutscenes, are an option available in the installation; these do not require Jaded's pack.  These are the options emphasized:
  • Freespace Upgrade MediaVPs
  • FS Port MediaVPs
  • MjnMixael's Mainhalls
  • HD Hud
  • Jaded's HD Radar Icons
  • Lafiel's RadarIcon Script
  • Admiral MS' ScreenCam Script
The standard Silent Threat: Reborn installation already includes the first four of these, so it really depends on whether you want to use the last three.  Jaded's pack does not modify the missions or the difficulty level.  However, keep in mind that ST:R *is* a little more difficult than either FS1 or FS2.

Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]
The high-resolution cutscenes, or more specifically the recreated cutscenes, are an option available in the installation; these do not require Jaded's pack.  These are the options emphasized:
  • Freespace Upgrade MediaVPs
  • FS Port MediaVPs
  • MjnMixael's Mainhalls
  • HD Hud
  • Jaded's HD Radar Icons
  • Lafiel's RadarIcon Script
  • Admiral MS' ScreenCam Script
The standard Silent Threat: Reborn installation already includes the first four of these, so it really depends on whether you want to use the last three.  Jaded's pack does not modify the missions or the difficulty level.  However, keep in mind that ST:R *is* a little more difficult than either FS1 or FS2.

Thx, I'm assuming that if I play the main FS games in order - from first to last - the difficulty curve will be so gradual I'll barely notice it in STR.  And then it's on to the harder stuff hopefully if I don't overstimulate myself and decide I never want to play another FS game again haha..