Author Topic: Zathras 2.0 official release  (Read 25553 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Zathras 2.0 official release
I get a couple of texture replacement and team out of range warnings on the mission file but nothing that would break the mission.  Run the debug build again and hit no to continue.  If it crashes post the fs2_open.log. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:49:22 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline s.hales

Hi

Tried again...

With a "Normal" 3.6.12 INF build, I can actually get as far as the Star Fury cockpit if I keep pressing "OK" at the dialog boxes.  The immediate problem noticeable with the mission is that the iconic speech from the President of Earth is missing.

When I use the Debug build, I get a total of 3 dialog boxes during the loading screen with "YES", "NO", and "Cancel" buttons.  When I press "NO" to continue on all three of these boxes I get a fourth dialog box with two buttons "OK" and Cancel".  When I press "OK" to continue on this last dialog box, the game crashes and the standard Microsoft Windows XP application error message appears.

I have attached the "fs2_open.log" file produced by the debug build.

Regards

Simon Hales

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
OK I was able to reproduce the problem but only in 3.6.12.  Current 3.6.13 trunk doesn't crash but I don't get the speech either.  Wondered why there was 2 minutes of nothing at the beginning of the mission.  I'll continue to look into this.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline wesp5

So is Zathras 2.0 in combination with 3.6.12 stable enough to release it on the main page? Maybe in an archive with the 5.5g launcher? I mean, I'm quite a newbie here and all these options are difficult to swallow ;)...

Offline s.hales

Hi

Just want to give a big "Thank You" :yes: to user Wesp5 for discovering the reason behind the error I was getting in the Battle Of The Line mission.  The fix is detailed in a post in the thread regarding his unofficial patch for the Star Fury Pilot Missions which can be found at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72061.0.

Following his advice, I have extracted the file "\voice\personas\presidentEMW.ogg" from the VP file "B5SFP.vp" in the Babylon Project root folder and converted it from stereo to mono using an audio conversion utility.  I then placed this converted file in a subfolder of my "Zathras\data" called "voice\personas" so that it gets used in preference to the original.

Since the fixed file is not actually included in Wesp5's patch, I have attached it to this post for the benefit of other users who don't have the VP file extraction and audio conversion utilities handy on their machines.

Regards

Simon Hales
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:22:18 am by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline wesp5

Since the fixed file is not actually included in Wesp5's patch, I have attached it to this post for the benefit of other users who don't have the VP file extraction and audio conversion utilities handy on their machines.

The fixed file will be included in the 1.2 version of the patch with some other 3.6.12 fixes. I just want to play each mission through once more before I release it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Thanks to E there is a newer stereo version and now the code will detect problems with the sound files.  Newest version can be found here:  presidentEMW.ogg

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Yo! Umm I did a fresh install of TBP from the DVD and extracted Zathras 2.0 to the TBP Folder.
Now, when I try to lauch TBP with Z activated I see the first startup screen but then the screen goes black and at the background is waiting this debug message

Error: Zathras-wep.tbm(line 35:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [+override]
in weapon: EA Heavy Plasma Turret 1.

File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open 3.6.9 - BtRL\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 659
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I just screw up somewhere? It's been a while since the last time I fiddled with SCP and/or TBP,
Habeeb it...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Are you using a 3.6.12 Inferno build?

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
No actually the one that came with the DVD fs2_open_3_6_9 and fs2_open_3_6_9_INF, tried launching from both of 'em.
Habeeb it...

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Well Ef U Cee Kei. I just read the first post of this thread more carefully and noticed that build requirement.
I read from another topic that it's not compatible with 12 but it was on the testing phace. GAH!

Edit: Meaning that it works now. Now just to make a profile for it into my X52
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:03:10 pm by Gortef »
Habeeb it...

Offline Gryffon

Hi. TBP noob here.
Just downloaded and installed, configured, launched & did pilot training with the 2 part TBP DVD. Great stuff - we are all B5 aficionados here, so this was a real happy experience.

Not so good, so far, is Zathras 2.0

D'ld & extracted to the TBP folder. Opened the FS2 Open Launcher 5.5b that came with TBP DVD & went to the MOD tab & selected the Zathras folder by hitting 'Select MOD'. Zathras picture comes up - great so far. Hit 'Apply', then 'Run' and get the same error message reported by Gortef above.

Now, the launcher is running 'fs2_open _3_6_9_INF.exe', as per TBP main game. It now seems that this is NOT the right build? If not, can someone explain which one to use, where to get it and how to install it in TBP folder so the launcher will 'see' it (assuming that it is more than a simple extraction or cut & paste. I note that the launcher DOESN'T 'see' the fred2_open_3_6_9 builds in the TBP folder - that's why I mention this - just trying to anticipate.)

Thanks guys for the great work. Between this, Freespace open, and Homeworld upcoming - I'm a bit overloaded, but a pig in mud (I won't mention Silent Hunter over at SubSim - that's a whole other story!) Just got to figure out how to get some or all of this running on a MacBook Pro, so my boys can start networking on our wireless LAN.

As an aside, both my boys are so taken by all the amazing modding work that they are seeing here, that they are genuinely asking how they can get in to it and learn how to Mod so they, too, can contribute. They are always dreaming up scenarios and designing ships, so, why not? Just wanted you to know that you have inspired at least a couple of noobies to get involved. Thanks.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

AFAIK (and I could be wrong here) TBP Official requires 3.6.9 builds.

Zathras however will run with the (and potentially REQUIRES) SCP Official 3.6.12 Builds.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yes as step 3 of the install instructions show you need to download 3.6.12 inferno for Zathras 2.0.

Offline Gryffon

Thanks, Wilco.
Yolu must get tired of idiots not reading instructions (I'm missing all sorts of things like that at the moment - information overload, I'm afraid).

Still, no one listens to Zathras, right?