Author Topic: Ask for Help Topic  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Geallen

• Twitter
As I will be asking many question in the future, and no doubt others also. It is fitting to create such a topic for future and present use. I will also start updating the first post with answers to any questions asked. As to alleviate the need to search or read for an given amount of time.

Offline Geallen

• Twitter
While making a new mission I tried following the tutorial on tube launching in multiplayer. However the multi-eval is missing, I've only found the singular conterpart in the "others" section in change.

I suspect the cause might be that the 1.1 patch messed up as I had used FRED extensively before applying it. Anyways I know I'm not blind and that there is no multi-eval presently.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can always take these questions to the FRED forum, you'll probably get the fastest response there.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're correct Geallen, the multi-eval SEXP is not included in the builds that shipped with 1.1. This is because that SEXP isn't part of the official code base yet. I'll post some builds including it later today.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Geallen

• Twitter
Thanks both General and Kara, I'll keep this in mind. Well back to FREDing, its taken over my life.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Try these builds. Bear in mind that multi-eval might not be the permanent way these things are handled. I've got some plans to make it possible to use the standard eval_script SEXP in the same way instead. But they're a fair way off in the future. I'm just saying don't complain if a later revision of Diaspora breaks all your missions (The change to the new system won't be that difficult to make).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Geallen

• Twitter
Thanks alot. Don't worry if anything having to go back and make those changes will give me an excuse to improve the missions more.